Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 1200 , vers trek 1400

Options
  • 26-03-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

There is a trek 1200 hundred for sale,for 1000 euro , but its not in my size , im a 58 frame , but this bike is 56 , will two centimeters make much difference ???

also in the same shop there is a trek 1400 for sale for 1350 euro , should i splash out and but this bike instead of the 1200 , please help me on this one , because i am running out of time .
    LAz:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I'd suggest speaking with the staff in the shop to be honest. If they're selling these bikes, they'll know how to measure you up and set up a bike for optimal fit.

That said, I don't see how a 2cm lower height in the same manufacturers frame range will make a huge difference. The top tube may be slightly shorter (<1cm) but You'll be able to adjust the saddle up/down & forward/backward, and if you need to, fit a slightly longer stem I guess to get the right feel from the bike....

Really, the only way to know is to actually try the bike though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

Sound man, rite went into the shop today ,he can order me in a 48 racer in two days , sound !

Note
    this is not a professional shop , its biggest seller is buggy's for children, so called "baby land" ie they don't do measurements , but i measured my self
    using the equations quoted on cycle superstores.

i am stuck with this shop because i have a voucher for 150 euro , pain in the arse. do u suggest i buy a buggy??? :D
    ROFL.

now all i have to do now is sell my old bike
    thanks anyway, Laz

Advertisement