Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone number trouble

• 26-03-2007 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I dunno if this is the right forum but I'm having some trouble getting a new sim card from Vodafone. I lost my phone recently and I tried to get a new sim card off them two days ago. When I told them my number, they entered it into their database but it was registered with another name. I've had it for 5-6 years so I dunno how this could be the case. Needless to say, they wouldn't give me the new sim card.

How can I get my number back? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Can you log into vodafone.ie? (When it's up...*sigh*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

vodafone are a$$holes.Same thing happened to m uncle, he used the sim for over 10yrs and now he lost his phone and they said they cant issue a new sim as the need to know where he got the sim card from as it was registered to antoher person.
    The only way to get a sim card is if you know somone invodfone who can get you th same number.good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah Karoma, logs in fine.

Can I not prove to them someone way that its my number? Its a bit ridiculous like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Anima wrote:
    Yeah Karoma, logs in fine.

Can I not prove to them someone way that its my number? Its a bit ridiculous like.
    log in, go to my details->personal details and find out who its registered to, then phone them up pretending to be that person and change the registration details. i don't think you can change them online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Unless you've logged in on line before and changed your password.. you cant log in without having the sim to receive the password vodafone will send you..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

log in, go to my details->personal details and find out who its registered to, then phone them up pretending to be that person and change the registration details. i don't think you can change them online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

anima did you get thi sorted or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

I had this issue a year or so ago and sorted it out by listing a set of numbers that I called regularly from that number.
    They actually asked me the question after a number of calls, and I was able
    to rattle off about 5 of the last ten calls.
    If he can remember as closely as possible when it as lost, and let them know when and here he last used it, that would be pretty convincing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Call up the call centre, they can validate you by asking last used date, last few top up times, recently dialled numbers or the rough activation date. If you know a few of these they can put through a transfer of ownership and then you can call into a shop and get a replacement sim. Insist on it when you call up because i've had it done before and it is Vodafone policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They rightly make is slightly difficult imo. If you have every worked in an environment like this (and I did for 2 years while in college about 5 years ago), you will know how often people blatantly lie in situations like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement