Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used E320

Options
  • 26-03-2007 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Im lookin for a motorway long distance cruiser.

Would the E320 fit the bill?

Saw a used one on carzone 2001 for 20000.

Or is this a waste of money on tax i.e. would I be better with the supercharged E200?

Damn this is hard to decide!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The speed limit on a motorway is 120 km/h (112 over in the UK).
    Any modern car with ~1.6 liter or over can do that comfortably all day long.
    No need for over 3 liters.
    Just pick a comfy car, and don't forget about diesels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

peasant wrote:
    The speed limit on a motorway is 120 km/h (112 over in the UK).
    Any modern car with ~1.6 liter or over can do that comfortably all day long.
    No need for over 3 liters.
    Just pick a comfy car, and don't forget about diesels.

Wow - spoken like a true petrol head !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

RobAMerc wrote:
    Wow - spoken like a true petrol head !:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know ..it's sad, really :o

Old age, endless traffic jams and increasing speed restrictions and controls kinda beat the realism into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

PoleStar wrote:
    Im lookin for a motorway long distance cruiser.

Would the E320 fit the bill?

Saw a used one on carzone 2001 for 20000.

Or is this a waste of money on tax i.e. would I be better with the supercharged E200?

Damn this is hard to decide!

how bout the 320 CDi - should eat those miles up no problem, while just sip sipping on the diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Just looked at an E320

In good nick, and quite nippy too!

One thing I noticed was while the mileage indicator was fine, the trip dial lcd was jumbled.

They got it checked by the service mechanic who said the clocks need to be changed which they will do.

Is this a common problem and easily fixed? Or should I steer clear. It is an authorised merc dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I had one, albeit a '97 Avantgarde (only had 64k when I bought it and a full MBSH). Lovely motor, genuinely quick in the real world but my soul was destroyed sitting on the M50 watching the fuel gauge wave bye-bye at me everyday :eek:

If you are doing a lot of genuine cross-country runs in and can afford the tax and petrol, go for it I say - I went to Kerry & Limerick a few times in it (from Dublin) and it was marvellous, but I thought anything that wasn't Avantgarde was a bit wallowy.

Advertisement