Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Setanta cup previews

• 26-03-2007 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Drogheda United v Glentoran team news

With Dan Connor sustaining a knee injury in Friday's 3-2 win against Galway United, Finn Mikko Vilmunen makes his first start in goal for injury-ravaged holders Drogheda United.

Under-17 keeper Cian Byrne is promoted to the squad.

Winger Richie Baker (ankle) has joined Graham Gartland, Steven Gray, James Keddy and Shane Barrett on the injury list, while the suspended Paul Keegan is in the Netherlands with the Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad.

Glentoran remain without the injured Colin Nixon and Darren Lockhart, while defender Cullen Feeney and striker Tim McCann undergo late fitness tests.
    Derry City v Linfield team news

'I think some of the players are trying too hard,' said Derry City boss Pat Fenlon after successive defeats to Linfield and St Pat's.

'I want them to relax and play the game. I don't want them to see it as a chore.'

Dave Rogers comes back in at left-back for Sean Hargan (ankle), while central defender Ken Oman (hamstring) and midfielder Barry Molloy (shin) are very doubtful starters.

Group 1 leaders Linfield have both defender Steven Douglas and midfielder Michael Gault available after suspension.
    Portadown v Cork City team news

Cork City are poised to travel to Portadown with a squad consisting of just 14 players.

Gareth Farrelly and Colin Healy remain ineligible under FIFA rules, while injuries rule out Liam Kearney (ankle), Sean Kelly (dead leg), Colin O'Brien (hamstring) and Brian O'Callaghan (groin).

Winger Billy Woods, who is part-time, is unable to travel due to work commitments. Midfielder Brendan Daly is promoted from the reserves.

Bottom of the table Portadown have midfielder Michael Collins available despite him serving a four-match Irish League ban.

Pats vs Swifts missing :(

We near full fitness only Quigley 1 a doubt so Paisley shou....actually its JMC i have no clue who is going to play. If we win we tru. We should win but they played well last week and if they can do that away can cause problems.

3 home games in a row :)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

St Patrick's Athletic v Dungannon Swifts team news
    Monday, 26 March 2007 09:49

In-form St Patrick's Athletic can clinch a semi-final berth with two games to spare with victory at Richmond Park.

'We want to win to make sure we qualify,' said left-back John Frost.

'Obviously, we want to top the group as well, but we just want to nail down getting out of it first.'

Boss John McDonnell has a full squad to pick from, with confidence sky high after Friday's 1-0 league win in Derry.

Dungannon, impressive in last week's 2-2 draw with St. Pat's, add midfielder Shane McCabe to their squad.

RTE get the finger out.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City 4-0 up at Half Time. Behan, Flynn Gamble and Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

DROGHEDA UTD 2-0 GLENTORAN (Res)
    PORTADOWN 0-7 CORK CITY (Res)
    ST PAT'S ATH 5-0 DUNGANNON (Res)

& Derry 2-0 up with few mins to go i think :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

2-1 Derry with 10 mins to go. Can tbey hang on ad make it an Eircom League clean sweep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Are they real results? :confused:

I guess it puts an end to any doubts over which league is better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Wonder how long before the IFA move to a summer season?

Not long I guess...

Derry 2-2 Linfield :D

In one of the local papers up here (get it for job huntin) seen stuff about the Linfield boss complainin as it's Mid season here up north and they are competin in so many compititions while the eircom league is just startin again :rolleyes: Excuses excuses :p

That was simply stunning, we massacred them and then stopped after an hour.

5 superb goals 3 4 and 5 being the best , this SSC thing is easy :D

16-0 from the 3 irish clubs tonight, well done lads :)

kdjac

Derry 2-2 Linfield :D

:(@:D
    Dam slow bbc website. Still sayin 2-1 :p

Berns wrote:
    In one of the local papers up here (get it for job huntin) seen stuff about the Linfield boss complainin as it's Mid season here up north and they are competin in so many compititions while the eircom league is just startin again :rolleyes: Excuses excuses :p

Thats a bullshít excuse if ever I have seen one. If anything, IFA teams are at full fitness, while the LOI teams are only getting into their stride.

Whats the possibility of 4 LOI teams in the semis?

Roy O Donovan hat trick tonight. 0-7, and 0-11 over the 2 games. Amazing. Hopefully we can tonk Swifts next time out, and take SPA at Inchicore, but qualification to the semis is assured for us as well now surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

tony grant scored

from the halfway line

gimmick wrote:
    take SPA at Inchicore,

Good luck with that.

kdjac

^ Our record at Inchicore is pretty decent in recent seasons, and I'm sure the flash in the pan will have been quenched by then. One thing is for certain, it will be a great game. Though to win the group City need 6 against Swifts, and to be SPA by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

redzerdrog wrote:
    tony grant scored

from the halfway line
    Nice

Lol @ Nutsy all the same.

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Our record at Inchicore is pretty decent in recent seasons, and I'm sure the flash in the pan will have been quenched by then. One thing is for certain, it will be a great game. Though to win the group City need 6 against Swifts, and to be SPA by one.

We need a point vs you to win the group nice little handshake pregame by our captains should ensure we both get that.............but we have already thumped you away, see no reason why we wont beat you at home. I know you have the best ball boys in the league but you will have to raise your game quite a lot to beat us at home.

kdjac

SPA caught City on the hop. Simple as that really.

Shame Setanta are showing Linfield live again next week. I would have thought the SPA/City game would have been a better draw?

gimmick wrote:
    SPA caught City on the hop. Simple as that really.

Ahh thats what is was, heres me thinking we were just better than you in every area of the pitch. As we have been every other team we have played this season. And our 18 goals from midfield is a fluke and not the style of play (whens O neil gonna start scoring :confused: ).

Thanks for clearing that up, we not blessed with an 8 games a season striker or one on his way tru customs to England so we making do with our panflashing midfield of Mulcahy Kirby Ndo Fahey O Connor Murphy and Brennan tonight.

kdjac

Just to point out that last week i said Swifts had a decent keeper, i still believe that. He is a very good keeper and was unlucky to lose tonight.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ahh thats what is was, heres me thinking we were just better than you in every area of the pitch. As we have been every other team we have played this season. And our 18 goals from midfield is a fluke and not the style of play (whens O neil gonna start scoring :confused: ).

Which part of Flash In The Pan do you not understand?

have to say i have been very impressed by SPA this season and wreckon they are real contenders for the title along with drogs and derry.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Which part of Flash In The Pan do you not understand?

The part where a Cork fan says it.

:p

kdjac

its the first we heard from gimmick since the season started i wonder did cork finally get a decent result:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

St. Pats took their chance at the Cross and I thought City were the better team.

Next Monday we will see the real Cork City fit and ready and hopefully with 2 internationals ready for selection.:)

Next Monday we will see the real Cork City fit and ready and hopefully with 2 internationals ready for selection.:)

I doubt Murphy and Fahey will get call ups but we can dream.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/watch_video.php?id=46

Our goals from the game.

kdjac

Advertisement