Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever bought anything from PEATS online?

Options
  • 26-03-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be building a HTPC from relegated components from my current PC when I upgrade to C2Q in May. I was planning on buying all the extra stuff i'm going to need from OCuk, but after finding hardwareversand.de i've managed to cut over €100 off my build by not going with OCuk (their range is excellent but their prices are horrible)

So i've a few extra items I need to buy, my main one being a Lian Li PC-V300 case which I can't seem to find anywhere else. From some searching I came across Peats online site and it seems they have pretty all the facilities like Komplett, to build a basket then have the stuff delivered, and there prices aren't the worst.

Like this 8800GTS 640MB for €415

So has anyone ever bought from their online site before, how is there delivery or RMA's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I've got one or two things there before-generally they're more expensive but you do get the odd good price. The prices are the same as if you walk into the shop though, so why not do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

So yeah looks like Peats is a no go after getting my hopes up. Sent them an email asking whether they had the Lian li PC-V300 in black and they sent me this nice succinct reply
    Peats Dude wrote:
    Leigh,

I am afraid that we are unable to get that case anymore.

Greg

Internet Sales

Yeah, then why are you advertising it on your site?

Anyone know where I can buy Lian Li case online or in Ireland other than OCuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn,

What Greg failed to tell you is they have two silver ones in their Newbridge store which can be shipped back to Dublin, but they are unable to get anymore.

I'm looking at getting the same case myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I might give the peats in dublin a ring and see if any of them have them in stock.

EDIT: rofl, I think Greg reads boards.ie, just after reading your comment Greg emailed me back and said they now have 2 Silver Cases in their Whitewater Branch... Hi Greg, how's it going :D I really only want a black one so I guess my search isn't over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If you do ring, ask for Eddie (Parnell Street). They only have the silver model and if you want that it'll have to come back to Dublin from Newbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I've bought off them. Delivery was fast. I was pleased.

Advertisement