Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Road Possible Opening date

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Also confirmed on Beat 102-103. Today 14:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Heard it on 2fm this morning woo hoo new road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Traffic was mental on it this evening at 5. Just shows how much it was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I drove passed it at 13:30 today and it was open.
    I later drove down it about 14:15 "quite nice." :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yeah was on it today around 13:30, and you'd just have to ask yourself - why wasn't this here all the time?

maybe in another 20 years the road might go all the way around the city.
    mad idea I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I started at the beginning was was dizzy by the time I got to the end:eek:, but looks a great job and about time.

People walking on it all ready

People were walking on it before it opened.

It took me much longer than normal to get home from work yesterday. I hope that isnt a sign of things to come :( On the other hand Dublin road residents should be happy, the road was empty this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Wait till Christmas is over then we'll have the full benefit of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Drove it yesterday eve. Very good standard of road. Must have a look now in the daylight. A huge relief that it's finally open.
    KK Coco must now turn their attention to bringing the road across to meet the Freshford road as a matter of urgency.

BingoBongo wrote: »
    Wait till Christmas is over then we'll have the full benefit of it

Hopefully because traffic was really bad again on it today. I got up to the grand old speed of 19 km/h on the ring road this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I can foresee the addition of a cycle lane and footpath to the original section..... should only be endless roadworks for another 2+ years? :eek:

The new section is great... traffic in the evenings is crazy from near carlow road roundabout to near woodies....

Probably should now consider this as the inner relief road and start planning the two lane orbital a few miles further out :D
    Seriously though, there isn't a whole lot of room for further development inside the "ring"

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Look at the amazing photoshop skillz in the attachment to see the shape of the city....
    I'd continue the ring over the river to the north, taking it outside Aut Even Hospital... with a lovely new red bridge ;)

But looking at the south, I'd widen the arc of the road from the Waterford road roundabout, allowing more room for the city to grow inside the ring....
    Passes outside the airfield too....

And people actually go to college to learn this planning stuff??? :)

Excellent skills you have there! I'll sell you my planning degree if you're interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Licksy wrote: »
    I can foresee the addition of a cycle lane and footpath to the original section..... should only be endless roadworks for another 2+ years? :eek:

The new section is great... traffic in the evenings is crazy from near carlow road roundabout to near woodies....

Probably should now consider this as the inner relief road and start planning the two lane orbital a few miles further out :D
    Seriously though, there isn't a whole lot of room for further development inside the "ring"

I guess the N9 motorway will be the orbital route and remove much of the traffic off the N10 between the Carlow rd and Waterford rd roundabouts.
    The ring road is very clogged up now, that's what happens when you just have roundabouts and not expensive grade seperated junctions.

mfitzy wrote: »
    The ring road is very clogged up now, that's what happens when you just have roundabouts and not expensive grade seperated junctions.

I'm finding the road between the Dublin rd roundabout and the Bennettsbridge road roundabout extremely bad at the moment at rush hour. It has taken me 20 mins to get home each evening since the road opened, and its usually a 5 minute drive.

Advertisement