Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BornSlippy...

• 26-03-2007 11:33am

...always thought it was overhyped and overplayed. Preferred Two Miles Out, Rez, Dark Train etc.

About 30 clubbers, mostly Czechs Serbs and Slovaks, ended up back in my house last Sunday morning. Won't forget the moment it was played, the sight of 60 hands in the air in half light in the kitchen. Very little English between them all, but seems like everyone speaks the language of Underworld...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

...always thought it was overhyped and overplayed. Preferred Two Miles Out, Rez, Dark Train etc.

About 30 clubbers, mostly Czechs Serbs and Slovaks, ended up back in my house last Sunday morning. Won't forget the moment it was played, the sight of 60 hands in the air in half light in the kitchen. Very little English between them all, but seems like everyone speaks the language of Underworld...

always liked it meself.never forget the first time i heard it,thought it was amazing.have'nt listened to it in ages.i like the video aswell.a clip of syd barrett in that vid.

but ****ing love dark and long,super track.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

where you getting to meet all these foreigners mate :D classic tune for sure but overhypes at the time but i still love it.:cool:

jonny68 wrote:
    where you getting to meet all these foreigners mate

Its the connections you make on the dance floor when everyone feels the love. Local club full of Eastern Europeans, most of the locals either go to late pubs or the rock disco - myself and my wife among the few local clubbers. Noone parties like the Eastern Europeans, have been at lots in their houses and they are so generous with their drink, food and soundsystems. It was time to repay them a little.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Played Sandstorm & Adajio one night, went down the same, some DJs say they are too commercial for the floor, I disagree, the crowd will always love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

slippy is a great track alright but Rez rocks also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Its the connections you make on the dance floor when everyone feels the love. Local club full of Eastern Europeans, most of the locals either go to late pubs or the rock disco - myself and my wife among the few local clubbers. Noone parties like the Eastern Europeans, have been at lots in their houses and they are so generous with their drink, food and soundsystems. It was time to repay them a little.

feel the love :D makes me feel like it's the early 1990's all over again :o:D i work with a polish lad and he's sound enough, where is this place anyway mate>?

jonny68 wrote:
    where is this place anyway mate>?

In a town in darkest South Kerry. Dozens of Czechs and Slovaks here and they have transformed the place, for the better. Made a ghosttown into a hot bed of trance, drum n bass and house, great parties every weekend. Lots more Poles, and have been to their parties too, but they don't tend to be as outgoing around these parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

In a town in darkest South Kerry. Dozens of Czechs and Slovaks here and they have transformed the place, for the better. Made a ghosttown into a hot bed of trance, drum n bass and house, great parties every weekend. Lots more Poles, and have been to their parties too, but they don't tend to be as outgoing around these parts.

Thats pretty much the exact opposite of my experience and that of everyone I've spoken to (in terms of music, I'm not gunning for a debate on migrant workers :rolleyes: ) - how far south exactly are we talking, south of Killorglin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

Im Not Really In2 It,cowgirl Not Thats A Classic

jimi_t wrote:
    Thats pretty much the exact opposite of my experience and that of everyone I've spoken to

Lets put it like this, some of them can only say

'One two three four
    Let me hear you scream if you want some more
    Like ah push it push it
    Watch me work it
    I'm perfect'

And
    'Shouting lager...'

In English.

In the local club, you can easily tell the locals from the non nationals becausethe latter are the only ones giving it loads on the floor, while the Irish are all leaning against the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

In the local club, you can easily tell the locals from the non nationals becausethe latter are the only ones giving it loads on the floor, while the Irish are all leaning against the bar.

Plus, their women are finer too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭evoblade

cowgirl,pearls girl,rez,born slippy,dark and long all a credit to the band,but in fairness they have some much better tunes in my opinion.second toughest produced some of there greatest tunes but on a commercial basis born slippy will always remain the crowds favorite as most of them wouldnt know any of there other work

Saw them live at the Ultrafest during the WMC in Miami 3 or 4 years ago, highlight of the week for me, even without Darren Emerson they were still savage. They finished with Moaner which is a belter of a tune live. Remember buying bottles of water just to pour them over my head to try to cool down.

Good times...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭evoblade

just recieved second toughest and dubnobass on vinyl in last few weeks,havin a great buzz mixin it with ambient works,great craic!! havnt been lucky enough to see them live yet,maybe someday soon:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

djhaxman wrote:
    Plus, their women are finer too :p

hell yeah but they do not tend to mix with the natives..just an observation, correct me if I'm wrong.

hell yeah but they do not tend to mix with the natives..just an observation, correct me if I'm wrong.

You nailed it on the head right there. We've a crowd of Polish birds at work and they're unreal looking, great bodies, the usual, but you wont get within 10 yards of them cause their "shadows" are always with them :(

evoblade wrote:
    just recieved second toughest and dubnobass on vinyl in last few weeks,havin a great buzz mixin it with ambient works,great craic!! havnt been lucky enough to see them live yet,maybe someday soon:D

Two great albums. They're defo worth a look, although saying that about the WMC, I saw them at I Love Techno 2 years ago and they were poor, just took too long to get going, and we were waiting for Chris Liebing and Speedy J to come on anyway for a 4 hour live set so no competition there, Collabs tore the place apart!!!!! :D

Must say I know a lot of Czechs and Slovaks and they are only too delighted to mix with the natives and want to meet more, they really appreciate it when you introduce them to locals at the club or bring them to parties. There is a certain language barrier alright, and I know a few Poles who are acutely aware of this too and would rather stick to their own rather than try and engage in a conversation in broken English. The ones with good English have no problems though, particularly the women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Noone parties like the Eastern Europeans, have been at lots in their houses and they are so generous with their drink, food and soundsystems. It was time to repay them a little.

Nah, nobody partys like the paddys and the whole world knows it :) But the East Europeans are pretty damn close

Slippy is a classic, Im suprised when you say the Irish down your way dont get it, anywhere I go gives it socks when its played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Again, which club/which town. I know the vast majority of them down that end and, although I'd like to think otherwise, I feel that you're romanticising it a small bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement