Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Common Area - Last Phase Charlesland Park

Options
  • 26-03-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

We've moved into the last row of Charlesland Park and by the looks of it, the builders have now moved out. The state in which the common area has been left is a disgrace. There's builder's rubble everywhere, big chunks of tarmac, broken concrete slabs, planks of wood etc. Quite a lot of the 'green areas' have not been sown with grass and the parts that have been sown are patchy and full of stones. It will be impossible to run a lawnmower over it. Unfortunately it's also not going to be very pleasant for kids to play there too as I doubt the grass will grow on the rubble and stones.

My question is who is responsible for sorting this out? Is is Durkan or is it the management company? I saw a chap planting bushes the other day when I was on my way to work and I felt like telling him to forget about the plants and hire a skip to get rid of all the crap first!

I reckon it's one of those situations where we, as the last part of the phase, are suffering because Durkan have already moved on to the next project and don't really give a toss. But I also think that if we don't complain en masse we won't get anywhere. Anyone share my opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Its the usual....get onto your management companya nd get other people to get onto the management. They have to sort it out for you.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I think durkans are still around - try ringing greg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RebekahF

Hi there neighbour

We are also in the last row of the Park and the place defo needs a clear up ... and the road on the way in still has a huge dip, needs to be filled. Greg is still around as far as I know..we are still waiting for a wardrobe door & shelf so I hope he is!!! I am ringing him constantly about this so will mention a clear up when talking to him ... should we also get onto the management company?!

Can I ask another question to you all about hot water...now maybe i am just daft but I thought the water was heated from the gas boiler and presumed this would be the case (ie the water would be hot) even if i turned the dial down to 'summer time' becasue I dont need heat in the radiators any more- however on turning it down, no hot water either - it is a case that I need my rads to be hot in order to get hot water this way and if so then am I better using the immersion for hot water & turning gas boiler off completely...does this make sense?!

:confused:

Thank U

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Hi,
    For the summer we have our timer to turn the boiler on for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening with the thermostat for the central heating turned down to zero. This will heat the water without having the rads on.
    I wouldn't use use the immersion heater as it is powered by electricity and is more expensive to do.
    Hope this info is of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

I think the more people who hassle the better. I'm going to give the management company and Greg a buzz. If you could do the same, that would be brilliant. I'll get my next door neighbours to ring too - the more the merrier! With regard to your door and shelf you just need to keep badgering! You should get them eventually. A threat to call down to Greg's house to pick our bits up seemed to speed things up for us!!! Only thing now is that we were promised that Munster Joinery were going to come back and replace our scratched windows but no sign yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Basil Brush

Hi there,

We are also in the back row of houses and will make a complaint to Greg as the common area has been left in an appalling state compared with what landscaping they have in other areas. It should be finished properly as part of the development - otherwise our management fees are just going to go up if the management company have to fix it up.

We are also waiting on our windows to be replaced by Munster Joinery - apparently they come on Thursdays although am not holding my breath about getting them this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

I know. We used to live in the Grove and the landscaping was far more superior. Even our back garden was a proper lawn. Our front and back garden in the Park are full of stones, glass, rubble, fag butts, chunks of cement and concrete. I accept that I'll probably have to deal with that myself but they really should sort out the common areas. I've also noticed that they haven't even bothered planting on the footpath in front of our house - it's just a big square patch of muck with an enormous tyre print in it! Is this modern landscaping?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cuddydale

I am at home during the day so I will get onto the builders also as it is an eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RebekahF

Thanks a mil for the heating advice Markest - really appreciate it!

Great - if the common area; wardrobe doors; windows etc.. ever get fixed I reckon we should have a Charlesland Celebratory BBQ in the summer!!!! In the meantime fingers crossed...and maybe a threat to pop into Greg's house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Fantastic idea Rebekah, would love to have a BBQ to celebrate our efforts!!! You do know that all 1,350 housing units could turn up?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
Advertisement