Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who doesnt smoke cannabis?

Options
  • 26-03-2007 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Is there anyone who doesnt smoke cannabis???

Don't know if i am allowed to post this so maybe i might get kicked off but we'll soon find out....

Anyway jus want to know if there is anybody who doesnt smoke cannibas in ireland today.

also jus to make the this thread more interesting:
    jus say if you smoke it and what you do
    e.g: i smoke and i'm a doctor etc...

do you smoke cannabis?? 630 votes

Never ("I dont smoke the reefa!")
    0% 0 votes
    Only Once and I Didnt Like It
    38% 240 votes
    The very odd time (like when granny passes one around or something)
    16% 101 votes
    Every now and then (social smoker- matters who's in town)
    20% 132 votes
    Regular Smoker Is Me ( I buy my own but not every week)
    14% 92 votes
    Smoke weed every day (in fact i am smoking one now!)
    10% 65 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I would hope most people do not take drugs and it only seems that way!
    I do not smoke anything and never will... though i have tried it in a brownie but nothing happened.
    Anyway the question was about smoking and since i have not then i say no. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I imagine there is a vast multitude of people who don't do lots of things, puffin' the 'erb being one of them. I know plenty of people who don't smoke.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I don't smoke anything but I've tried it in yoghurts a couple of times but can't say I particularly enjoyed it.. Just ended up raiding the fridge :o :rolleyes: I'm with Max Damage , a few nice glasses of wine would be more up my street...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I don't, I prefer alcohol instead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

@OP: What makes you think *everyone* does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I don't and I would think I am in the majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Never smoked and never touched Drugs of any type,:D i just would not lower myself to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I don't smoke /inject / inhale anything.
    Just alcohol for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Never have, Never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Steyr wrote:
    Never smoked and never touched Drugs of any type,:D i just would not lower myself to that level.
    lol, never touched drugs of any type, good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I haven't smoked in a long time.

CiaranC wrote:
    lol, never touched drugs of any type, good one.

Im serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

well not everybody but i'd bet that at least 75% of fellas over the age of 17 in any urban area in the country would be at very least a casual smoker. it doesnt seem to be so popular in the country though.

i'm kinda interested too as to who in places like dublin would be smoking it. I've recently developed a theory that it is now used for stress relief by professionals and people who its not really associated with thats why it would be cool if the people who do smoke it could say what they do for a living (if they do 'do' anything of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I don't smoke it.

I've tried it, but didn't like it.

I was at a party on Saturday night. and only myself and one other person weren't smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Steyr wrote:
    Im serious.
    Alcohol?

Steyr wrote:
    Im serious.
    So you've never had a cup of tea or taken an anadin for a headache?

Perhaps i said it wrong. I dont do anything like hash or whatever and i dont smoke cigs. Il have a pint every so often. sorry my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

1der wrote:
    well not everybody but i'd bet that at least 75% of fellas over the age of 17 in any urban area in the country would be at very least a casual smoker. it doesnt seem to be so popular in the country though.

i'm kinda interested too as to who in places like dublin would be smoking it. I've recently developed a theory that it is now used for stress relief by professionals and people who its not really associated with thats why it would be cool if the people who do smoke it could say what they do for a living (if they do 'do' anything of course!)

I'd bet that you're way off.

Steyr wrote:
    Perhaps i said it wrong. I dont do anything like hash or whatever and i dont smoke cigs. Il have a pint every so often. sorry my bad.
    So you use psychoactive drugs then. You wouldnt think it from your wild anti-drug ravings on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've tried it in the past. Doesn't do a whole lot for me, except maybe make me hungry. When it's mixed with tobacco, I end up just getting a light head from the tobacco. If it's mixed with tobacco and I've been drinking, it just makes me feel sick.

I would say that 9 out of ten of the people I know would be in the "Tried it, don't smoke it" category.

Regular, or even casual (> once a month) smokers would be in the extreme minority in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

NEVER touched a drug in my life

any1 who does shud get a mandatory 25 year jail term

thatll learn em

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Yeah OP, I reckon u are right. Most do. But paranoia will prevent most people from mentioning it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Never have and never will.

Just last week I was stopped by two young American girls, I suspect that they were here with a marching band for St. Patrick's Day, and asked if i had or could get some for them. I am not Irish but I have lived here for 20+ years and I'm always being asked if I have anything. It really pisses me off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

NEVER touched a drug in my life

any1 who does shud get a mandatory 25 year jail term

thatll learn em

Twenty five years to life for text speak.

That'll teach them.

If you smoke its more than likely that your immediate group of friends will smoke two and skew your view on how many people actually smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

I smoke the plant not the solid ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Reminds me of last year when a group of spanish students asked me if I could get them some. I told them to find anyone wearing a fluorescent green jacket with Garda on the back and ask them! But yeah, I smoke and don't see anything wrong with it. If anyone read the recent report done into drugs, cannabis ranks lower than alcohol and tobacco on the danger list.

Final Note: People who say there should be mandatory sentences of 25 years for anyone who touches drugs should be locked away themselves. Its idiotic moral high ground thinking at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't.
    Of people I know it would seem users (of the drug not members of boards ;) ) are in a minority, but people who have used it are in a majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Years ago when I was in my first year at college I tried to smoke some hash but I don't think I did it properly as it did nothing for me and I've never tried it or any other drug since. I occasionally drink a glass of wine but very rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Karoma wrote:
    @OP: What makes you think *everyone* does it?

the op's on drugs... DUH! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

i always find it funny that in this country you get minimum wage for serving alcohol and jail for selling hash, while the standards of any hash in this country is generally far far less potent than a lager shandy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement