Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who doesnt smoke cannabis?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Fresh Breath

greatgoal wrote: »
    ive been smokin a couple of spliffs every week since about 1976,whats all the fuss,ive never been tempted to try any other ****,and i own me gaff ,reared 4 kids,all doin well,2 grandkids and meself and the missus are as close as we were 30 years ago,so kept in context,no fuss.:)

See Cannabis can make people appreciate a load more **** in life an be more thankful! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No, have never smoked cannabis, and never will. I wouldn't take illegal drugs, just not my scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I smoked something once but it didn't have any effect. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kreuzberger

Id prefer not to be giving my hard and honestly earned cash to hoodlums , parasites and wasters . In fact I simply wouldnt tolerate one in my company simply in order to gain acess to their product . I dont think its socially responsible to be providing them with the funds to live a glamourous scriminal lifestyle which influences kids with low expectations , , guns , ammunition , nice cars , bribes , funds for heroin and cocaine deals , their own drug habits etc . No , Im not giving them my money . Im also happy I live in a working class area in which drug dealers are not permitted to either live or ply their parasite trade . Therefore in an act of community solidarity with my very good neighbours Im happy to play my part in their social and ecnomic boycott of Irelands scum fraternity .

I would also find it extremely hypocritical and indeed impossible to be a positive role model to a child if i was an abuser of this substance and consorting with scum of the earth criminals . Given that this country is going to the dogs I believe its more important than ever for people to act as a positive influence to younger kids . And then theres the mental health issues . I dont fancy using a substance that greatly heghtens my chances of developing depression or schizophrenai . Nor do i want to be lying to youngsters that its harmless when it poses such high mental health risks .

so no , thanks very much . Not for me .

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sherifu wrote: »
    I smoked something once but it didn't have any effect. :(

That happens. It can take a few times to make an impact in your system. I had to try on 3 seperate occassions before i nearly split my sides with laughter and then it all just came rushing at me and it was a good feeling I must admit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Smoked it once while drinking at ********.

Didn't like the way it made me feel or act.

Never have any intentions of trying it again.

*Witness with an extra n is censored????

That is so lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It is not cool now like it was in the 60s to be a pot head .

Society has changed it's values on this and the 60s hippie is now todays solicitor /lawyer representing druggies like pete doughty and amy winehouse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Id prefer not to be giving my hard and honestly earned cash to hoodlums , parasites and wasters . In fact I simply wouldnt tolerate one in my company simply in order to gain acess to their product . I dont think its socially responsible to be providing them with the funds to live a glamourous scriminal lifestyle which influences kids with low expectations , , guns , ammunition , nice cars , bribes , funds for heroin and cocaine deals , their own drug habits etc . No , Im not giving them my money . Im also happy I live in a working class area in which drug dealers are not permitted to either live or ply their parasite trade . Therefore in an act of community solidarity with my very good neighbours Im happy to play my part in their social and ecnomic boycott of Irelands scum fraternity .

I would also find it extremely hypocritical and indeed impossible to be a positive role model to a child if i was an abuser of this substance and consorting with scum of the earth criminals . Given that this country is going to the dogs I believe its more important than ever for people to act as a positive influence to younger kids . And then theres the mental health issues . I dont fancy using a substance that greatly heghtens my chances of developing depression or schizophrenai . Nor do i want to be lying to youngsters that its harmless when it poses such high mental health risks .

so no , thanks very much . Not for me .
    so eh. youre not a tax payer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You grow your own then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'll smoke it if it's passed around, and that only really happens at house parties/pre-night club. Never bought any though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've very naive as regards the whole drugs issue.
    In fact, I wouldn't even know where to go to get drugs over this weekend if I so desired :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Jahsus I can't get stoned off the stuff. Only tried it about 10 times :P.

I'm always drunk when I try it so I'm wasting my time. My sober mind wouldn't touch it though... well... thats what it says :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Jahsus I can't get stoned off the stuff. Only tried it about 10 times :P.

I'm always drunk when I try it so I'm wasting my time. My sober mind wouldn't touch it though... well... thats what it says :D.
    im the same,i just love the smell and the taste,never got stoned though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I dont, I never have, and never will

Its for losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

This would be an excellent topic for this idea:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202432

Weed is great, patronising anti drugs types are dullards!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Nope.

Not least, I'd be fired from both my jobs if I did (testing), but even before my employment I wouldn't touch the stuff.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Have smoked on several occasions. I would definitely smoke more often if it were legal, not because I have some sort of respect for such a ridiculous law but because it makes it so much harder to get. I'm not a regular user by any means though. In my opinion it is definitely no worse than tobacco or alcohol and should be treated as such. Everything else is a big no-no though. I have to witness the effects of all sorts of recreational drugs regularly and as long as alcohol, weed and tobacco aren't abused they're fine but everything else is asking for trouble.

Btw, blaming alcohol, whatever for drink driving is like blaming video games for violence amongst young people. Most users of alcohol are adults who know full well its effects but choose to ignore them. Babysitting isn't the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I smoke, usually everyday. I dont drink or never have or never will take any drugs. In fact I hate drugs, but cannabis isn't a drug.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lezizi wrote: »
    I smoke, usually everyday. I dont drink or never have or never will take any drugs. In fact I hate drugs, but cannabis isn't a drug.

Nope. THC is a drug though. Whether or not its long term effects are lesser than smoking- toss a coin. Me- all I take is the odd beer or glass of wine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I dont smoke it and I'm a rocket scientist

• Advertisement

kearnsr wrote: »
    I dont smoke it and I'm a rocket scientist

Bit of a stretch there Kearnser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Everyone I speak to always says that everyone smokes it. But most of my mates, despite being heavily into every other vice known to man, don't smoke weed.

I don't either. I'm strictly heroin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

chef wrote: »
    Never have, Never will.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

how do you define a drug then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

"# A drug is any biological substance, synthetic or non-synthetic, that is taken primarily for non-dietary needs. It is usually synthesized outside of an organism, but introduced into an organism to produce its action. .."

Who are you kidding?

Never smoked it, never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I smoke it if it's passed around, have occasionally gone halves on a bag with a friend. Way prefer it to alcohol and I'd definitely smoke/eat/generally ingest more cannabis and drink less booze if it was legal/just easier to get. (And I'm a superhero)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone who says cannabis is a gateway drug is either a fool or a politician. there is no such thing as a gateway drug, now obviously there is a percentage who have done weed who will move on to harder drugs but that is down to their experimental personality not the fact they started on cannabis. I have smoked for a couple fo years now and i have no desire to try anything stronger whether it be e, coke, heroin etc etc.

also since the 1950's mental illness levels have remained around the 2% of the world population, in those 60 years the amount of cannabis users has rocketed (in comparison), yet mental illness levels have stayed the same. this would indicate that there arent as many issues with cannabis and other drugs on your mental health as is made out.*

i would love to just be told the truth and not lied to and let me make my decision as an adult on what i do.

finally legalisation of drugs would cut off funding for organised crime and save lives due to the drugs being made to a minimum standard compared to the crap you hear that gets mixed in with E and Coke.

*just had a search for the article i was reading, cant find it but i'll post it up when i do...

Adyx wrote: »
    as long as alcohol, weed and tobacco aren't abused they're fine but everything else is asking for trouble.
    Load of crap. But I'm not going to bother arguing.

Read this, might surprise you to see alcohol, weed and tobacco all above E, acid, and a number of other drugs: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5230006.stm

Call_me_al wrote: »
    also since the 1950's mental illness levels have remained around the 2% of the world population, in those 60 years the amount of cannabis users has rocketed (in comparison), yet mental illness levels have stayed the same. this would indicate that there arent as many issues with cannabis and other drugs on your mental health as is made out.
    Yup, pretty much why I simply can't be convinced that there's any kind of direct link between cannabis and mental illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm another 'never have, never will'. Don't see any reason to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement