Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who doesnt smoke cannabis?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I don't smoke it. Never have.
    But I'm one of the only people out of pretty much all of my various social circles that doesn't.

From reading this thread you'd think no-one in Ireland smokes- but I'd guess that's 'cos all the stoners couldn't be bothered posting :D

In my experience I'd say the vast majority of 18-30 year old urbanites do, at least on occasion.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

JayRoc wrote:
    I don't smoke it. Never have.
    But I'm one of the only people out of pretty much all of my various social circles that doesn't.

From reading this thread you'd think no-one in Ireland smokes- but I'd guess that's 'cos all the stoners couldn't be bothered posting :D

In my experience I'd say the vast majority of 18-30 year old urbanites do, at least on occasion.
    U cant hang out with me and Ricky anymore Jay Roc.
    Go over there and sit with Corey and Trevor.
    Shidiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

BoozyBabe wrote:
    I don't inhale anything.
    Air? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I smoked it a bit when I was about 15 but tbh I only did it because it was a bad thing to do and I never got anything out of it. I havent done it since and wouldnt even be tempted. Give me and ice cold beer any day.

By the way I have a huge group of friends and very few of them smoke it and quite a few have never even tried it. Its total bollox saying that most people between 18-30 smoke it. Thats just people who smoke trying to make themselves feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

My name is Lynfo and I am a stoner. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

I have never smoked it, am probably the only one of my friends who hasn't even tried it. Im 23 so have already gone through most of my experimentation phases and dont think ill be trying it any time soon. A few glasses of vino suits me just fine......

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Never tried it, why would you bother - it's a waste of money and can get you into serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'm an urbanite and have never taken any illegal drug, or even smoked a cig.

Alcohol and caffeine are my only regulars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

1der wrote:
    i always find it funny that in this country you get minimum wage for serving alcohol and jail for selling hash, while the standards of any hash in this country is generally far far less potent than a lager shandy!

Soap bar Vs Shandy
    http://www.ukcia.org/activism/soapbar.htm

Its not about the strength.

And i firmly believe you should go to jail for selling it. It promotes criminality and its the only point i ever agreed with McDool on.

If you are going to smoke grow your own weed and dont support criminal gangs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Air? :confused:

Nah, don't need it!!!
    It's overrated.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I've never tried anything bar alcohol and really can't see myself trying it in the future. Never been bothered with any of it. Most of my friends have tried it but alot of them wouldn't be bothered with it either

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Gyalist wrote:
    Never have and never will.

Just last week I was stopped by two young American girls, I suspect that they were here with a marching band for St. Patrick's Day, and asked if i had or could get some for them. I am not Irish but I have lived here for 20+ years and I'm always being asked if I have anything. It really pisses me off!!

Same as meself. I've lost count how mant times, Iv'e been asked if I have any 'smoke'. Just last week a man who must have been at least 50 approached me. I cut my hair to avoid lookin like a hippy and now I must look like a dealer!

To answer the OP, yes I have tried it, and had some brilliant nights on it in the past. Haven't touched it in a long time and have no desire to either. Not sure why, probably the hassle of obtaining it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

NutJob wrote:
    Soap bar Vs Shandy
    http://www.ukcia.org/activism/soapbar.htm

Its not about the strength.

And i firmly believe you should go to jail for selling it. It promotes criminality and its the only point i ever agreed with McDool on.

If you are going to smoke grow your own weed and dont support criminal gangs

On that point of criminality, i think its safe to say that your backing up what i'm saying. i mean it wouldnt promote criminality if it was legalised unless of course the government charged outrages taxes on it (as they probably would, making it unnafordable). Do you think alcohol would not promote criminality if it were illegal?
    im not saying that hash is good im just saying that lowgrade hash is a LOT less dangerous than alcohol.
    also to draw a parallel to soap bar: http://www.thesource.gov.au/drinkspiking/things_you_should_know.htm
    ::::there's issues with everyting really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Haven't/ wouldn't. There are lots of people like that.
    1der wrote:
    On that point of criminality, i think its safe to say that your backing up what i'm saying. i mean it wouldnt promote criminality if it was legalised

If, perhaps. But it isn't legal though, it does support criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

takola wrote:
    I've never tried anything bar alcohol and really can't see myself trying it in the future. Never been bothered with any of it. Most of my friends have tried it but alot of them wouldn't be bothered with it either
    I'm the same, just never had any really interest. I have asthma and have never had a desire to smoke anything. Bit curious bout hash brownies though... so maybe one day I'll try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Actually I want to change my last comment, instead of 25 years I think all drug users whether theyre moderate social drug users or heroin addicts on the street,should be given lethal injection after serving a 10 year sentence in mountjoy.

thatll learn them for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

used to smoke the odd joint here and there but havent done so for about 5 or 6 years now

couldnt be bothered with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

JayRoc wrote:

this thread surprises me.
    Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Bit curious bout hash brownies though... so maybe one day I'll try them out.
    u just go asleep! we got some in the afternoon when we were in amsterdam, we just ended up lying around in the hostel til it was time to go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

would i be horribly right by saying that everybody who has just replied to this thread saying that they dont smoke is a university student/graduate or a farmer type???
    i think there might be a trend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

1der wrote:
    would i be horribly right by saying that everybody who has just replied to this thread saying that they dont smoke is a university student/graduate or a farmer type???

i'm none of the above and i don't smoke. mainly because i hate the smell and taste of it. i'm the only one of all my groups of friends who doesn't. i'm happy enough with my wine

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Red Alert wrote:
    it's a waste of money and can get you into serious trouble.

The very same can be said about alcohol....alot of high horses on this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

1der wrote:
    Yes there is a trend, intelligent people don't take drugs regularly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Have never smoked it and never would - have the misfortune of having to take prescribed codine for severe pain and the side effects are horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sonners wrote:
    The very same can be said about alcohol....alot of high horses on this thread :rolleyes:
    I generally run a lower risk of being arrested and prosecuted for buying my alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

1der wrote:
    while the standards of any hash in this country is generally far far less potent than a lager shandy!

True.

But you cant even get normal smoke now.

There's only slate but people say its pollen, the gold pollen isnt half bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

I generally run a lower risk of being arrested and prosecuted for buying my alcohol.

for buying it yes, but for consuming it...no. When was the last time you saw a 'stoner' roaming the streets after a night club lookin for a fight?? I'm not saying alcohol makes you personally more agressive but it does have this affect on an awful lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

NEVER touched a drug in my life

any1 who does shud get a mandatory 25 year jail term

thatll learn em

Well said, you should be in Minister for Justice or a Judge at least, someone with some sense:) , CiaranC Lay off i know your trying to rise me but it wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Barring a few months off here and there I've been a regular cannabis user for almost 15 yrs.
    Most of my friends either do or have smoked regularly in the past. I think anyone you ask will tend to move in social groups who either do or don't do drugs...there isn't much of a middle ground
    I've also used a lot of other illegal substances over the years and they all have their good and bad points....but without doubt I will still maintain that the only drug that has most put my life at risk and has had the most negative effects on me over that time is alcohol.

It's a lovely monday afternoon here, I'm off work because I missed my lift this morning (forgot to reset alarm clock to BST) and I'm off out to the garden for a spliff in the sunshine. Then I intend to put something loud on the stereo and relax till this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭megadodge

Don't go near the stuff and from what I've seen the majority would probably have tried it but only a small minority are regular users.

I'm neither a farmer nor uni graduate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement