Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone who doesnt smoke cannabis?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I hated it when i first tried it...mad paranoia kicked in! Why that didnt put me off i dont know, but tried it a couple more times after that and thought it was great! Can only smoke at the end of a night (prb only once a month though) and absolutely everthin is hilarious...not always a good thing when someones telling a story about their grannys funeral :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cornbb wrote:
    Yeah, cause your contributions have been really helpful.

btw you may be in for a rude awakening if you thing smoking dope has no effect on your mental health, or can't effect people like it did wtf

that's ok, when the other two lads start fighting on my shoulders I just pass them the spliff.

I've been smoking for just over 14 years, I've seen all sorts of idiots have "bad expierences" after smoking dope, it wasn't the dope, they were idiots before they smoked it.

The perception of what's actually happening to you and what's happening in reality are two different things, when people are fairly weak minded or nervous types they're perception of the effect's can cause them to work themselves up into "panic attack's" etc.

The cannabis isn't causing the panic attack them being idiot's is.

There's some honest informative info :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Well its a touch better than your last replies.

Having a bad reaction to dope doesn't make someone an idiot ffs. I know alot of nice, happy, well balanced people who've been smoking every day for god knows how many years. I also know people who've lost the plot after crossing a much lower threshold. But its not caused by them being idiots, it cause by them indulging in more dope than they could personally handle.

Fair play to anyone who can smoke chronically and still lead a normal, balanced life, but if I smoked anything like an ounce a week like wtf back there I know I'd be a gibbering paranoid wreck by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

I have never even sampled any illegal drugs nor have most of my friends, to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cornbb wrote:
    But its not caused by them being idiots, it cause by them indulging in more dope than they could personally handle.

Well abusing and using are two different things.
    By "indulging" in more than they can hadnle, makes them a bit of an idiot.
    cornbb wrote:

Fair play to anyone who can smoke chronically and still lead a normal, balanced life, but if I smoked anything like an ounce a week like wtf back there I know I'd be a gibbering paranoid wreck by now.

No ones talking about being a chornic smoker, everything in moderation sir.

people indulging in more mars bars/dairy milks than they probably should causes more beds to be taken up in our hospitals and more tax payer's money than any cannabis smoker.

There is a lot of nonsense floating around about cannabis and mental health and very little of it's actually proven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

well as you may have guessed from my name, im partial to an odd puff on a spliff with some fava beans and a nice kianti, spspspssps!!

suppose im gonna burn in hell with all my sin sticks, according to all you peter perfects !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

weedhead wrote:
    well as you may have guessed from my name, im partial to an odd puff on a spliff with some fava beans and a nice kianti, spspspssps!!

suppose im gonna burn in hell with all my sin sticks, according to all you peter perfects !

You didn't bother to read this thread before posting, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

scojones wrote:
    You didn't bother to read this thread before posting, did you?

:confused: sorry but im literally confused

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Back on topic! Some interesting opinons here. Apparantly over 1/3 britons have admitted to smoking a joint in the past year, which means it's clearly not restricted to the 20s and 30s, but even parents will have a puff now and again. I wouldn't imagine Ireland's that different.

One puff won't give you a mental illness (unless you've got serious mental issues already) so as long as you enjoy it in moderation, why not try? It's not as if alcohol's a whole lot better for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

even parents will have a puff now and again.
    I've shared a spliff or two with my mother alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I would say that maybe of my peergroup I can think of max one or two people who haven't tried it, and maybe twice that amount who'd turn it down if it was going around.

On the other hand, I'd know far, far less people who would actively buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ItsJusMe

I've been smoking cannabis for over fifteen years now...
    It has done me NO harm whatsoever IMHO. Of course people are going
    to disagree and argue the fact that it's dangerous,, it's a drug,, it's wrong
    and etc,, etc... People NEED to understand that there IS a difference
    between smoking CANNABIS and SOAPBAR because what most people are used to smoking is the soapbar crap that's
    been sold on our streets to our youth who don't know the difference
    between "good" and "bad" weed!!

There has been numerous studies done on the affects of cannabis and it's
    medicinal uses,, and ALL of them have come to the conclusion that cannabis
    is NOT dangerous!! Not one single person has ever died from using cannabis,,
    but we all know that alcohol is responsible for millions of deaths worldwide..

People need to wake up and realise the truth about cannabis before coming
    out and jumping on the bandwagon to criticise cannabis users...:rolleyes:

Peace. . . . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

irishbird wrote:
    hmmm, i would if i could get my hands on any, not a drop to be had:(

Where are you? :eek:

I last re upped about a fortnight ago, hope we arent in for a repeat of last summer :eek:

These threads generally descend into a load of waffle about the supposed medicinal benefits of cannabis. I smoke and know full well its bad for me. I drink, i eat fast food yadda yadda. I know its not the best, and I dont pretend any of these things are good for me. "Hash calms people down" Bollix. It appeases nutbars who, the second the droughts set in, become a bit irritable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭1der

Tha Gopher wrote:
    These threads generally descend into a load of waffle about the supposed medicinal benefits of cannabis. I smoke and know full well its bad for me. I drink, i eat fast food yadda yadda. I know its not the best, and I dont pretend any of these things are good for me. "Hash calms people down" Bollix. It appeases nutbars who, the second the droughts set in, become a bit irritable.
    ha ha. good post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Don't smoke or do drugs but do have the occassional drop of alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I just smoke regular fags, I don't even drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't smoke anything, never will either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

was an everyday smoker when i was younger for alot of years among taking alot of other things, in honesty after all those years (roughly 7 years or so) it started to make me paranoid when i was smoking in the end

go figure, just have a few scoops nowadays and im less of a recluse for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mcsmohil

my name is mcsmohil, and i am a stoner. i smoke everyday. i work, it is truely idiotic to suggest 25yrs for smoking da herb. what right does anyone have to dictate what people do in the privacy of their own homes, free the weed... alchool is a poison and responsible for far more deaths in Ireland then Cannabis will ever be..open your minds people, saying that you are dead against weed when you have never tried it...legalise it, don't criticise it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

mcsmohil wrote:
    my name is mcsmohil, and i am a stoner. i smoke everyday. i work, it is truely idiotic to suggest 25yrs for smoking da herb. what right does anyone have to dictate what people do in the privacy of their own homes, free the weed... alchool is a poison and responsible for far more deaths in Ireland then Cannabis will ever be..open your minds people, saying that you are dead against weed when you have never tried it...legalise it, don't criticise it
    I never understood the 'alcohol is worse than cannibis, therefore cannibis should be legalised argument'. Surely it would be the other way around, i.e. 'alcohol is worse than cannabis, therefore we should ban alcohol'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 mcsmohil

the drought will be worse then last summer, book ur trip to the holy land(amsterdam) now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ive never tried it but if the occasion came up I might try it once just to say ive done it as im the kind of person who likes to make up my own mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Such perfect smoking weather all week. I don't think there's been a day I wasn't baked by mid afternoon. The only bad thing is my tolerance has gone up...and it's getting tough to find decent weed of late.
    Drought? Name me a summer in the last 15 yrs that there hasn't been some shortage; demand shoots up and whatever's about goes fast...and it seems to get worse every year. Summer seems to be the time when all the sh*te comes onto the market too cos they know people will buy it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Blowfish wrote:
    I never understood the 'alcohol is worse than cannibis, therefore cannibis should be legalised argument'. Surely it would be the other way around, i.e. 'alcohol is worse than cannabis, therefore we should ban alcohol'.
    We're supposed to live in a liberal society.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    We're supposed to live in a liberal society.
    So what about other drugs then, should they be legalised under the same logic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yes, if an adult wants to get ****ed up it's not the goverments business to tell him what he can and can not do.

if I want to jump out of an airplane with a sack to cushion my fall that's not illegal, but if I want to take magic mushrooms that is...

Mordeth wrote:
    yes, if an adult wants to get ****ed up it's not the goverments business to tell him what he can and can not do.
    That would mean every single health and safety law goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Mordeth wrote:
    if I want to jump out of an airplane with a sack to cushion my fall that's not illegal

It is... it's called littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mordeth wrote:

It is if it has negative or dangerous effects on other people or their property. Not that this is a major problem with cannabis or anything but it's an important caveat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Blowfish wrote:
    That would mean every single health and safety law goes out the window.
    No.....

How?

This drugs legalised = massive widescale deterioration of health is ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement