Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goreyskatepark Official opening

Options
  • 26-03-2007 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi,

the launch of Gorey Skatepark will be on Wednesday 11th April 2007 at 11.00am

some more details of the day will be posted on the skateclub website later today

thanks and see you there

Regards,

Grant Masterson
    Club Secretary
    www.goreyskateclub.com
    +353 (0)83 330 4798

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

is there a big opening event on or are they just saying its open and thats it?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi,

there is a big event being planned also. Music, hopefully graffiti, refreshments, craic as well as the old speeches and stuff. We hope to have media present to cover the occasion so spread the word,

cheers

so why is it on mid week if there is a big event?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

luapenak wrote:
    so why is it on mid week if there is a big event?

You have to admit good point there!!^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

To suit the local politicians. It's also during school holidays...

• Advertisement

i suppose thats far enough. its just annoying as id like to attend because college holidays are different

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

How long a drive is Gorey from dublin? Is it easy to get to using public transport, also from dublin? I doubt ill be able to make it for the opening but come summer time i should be able to make a weekend out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Quicker if you don't mind points for speedin ;)
    Cheers

JohnBoy

you can get the train from dublin to gorey. not sure how long it takes. probably about 90mins though

Hi,

Dublin to Gorey in the car now is about an hour once u get on the M50 southbound. The roads have improved bigtime over the last few years. Trians leave connolly and bray stations a few times a day also and takes about 90 mins alrite.

Of course the politicians want their pictures and have to do the whole speech thing. I havge been asked to say a few words and keep it short (yeah right). Dont get me started on my council or even the government:mad:

See u all next week hopefully.

g

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Hoping to be there! I'll be there if my kids are on holidays! Dont know!! (bad dad!!) Must ask both of their mothers!! hahahaha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

I might go aswell. It's been killing me not being able to skate now the good weather's back.I haven't been on my board for 170days now.....! But my leg should be fully healed by the summer! The docs said i shouldn't skate until i can at least jog! Which sounds fair enough.......

Thanks to all who made it for the opening,

full details on the skateclub website.

g

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Fresh 'crete and sunshine!!! A great day!!! :D:D

Advertisement