Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settle a bet

Options
  • 26-03-2007 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Right, I was recently introduced to Bawls. It's huge in the US with gamers and such but i'd never heard of it. The brother says, and I quote, "all self respecting gamers have heard of Bawls". So honestly (and without googling it) How many of you have actually heard of it?

heard of bawls? 95 votes

Never 'erd of it
    0%
    Av 'erd of it
    80%
    [Deleted User]satchmoampwhitetrashQ_BallDaveAtomic PineappleBalfaKarl HungusDont be at yourselftony 2 toneTheFatMakaveliMountjoy MuggerKrusty_ClowntmanCreatureWintersRobertFosterCrucifix 76 votes
    There's traces of blood in my bawls-stream
    20%
    Lex_Diamondspo0kSpearkonekosuper_furryneGevChad ghostalGrayareapassiveaidan_walshHolstenDemonOfTheFallRhymec - 13muppetkillerlegologicL31mr0dBlowfishGizzle 19 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Av 'erd of it
    Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Av 'erd of it
    Nope.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope.

Unless you mean what happens outside Deli Burger in Balbriggan after Home closes on a Saturday night. I doubt from the look of the people involved that they are gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Do you want to describe it in anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

humanji wrote:
    Do you want to describe it in anyway?
    Guarana-based stimulant drink

Guarana-based stimulant drink
    hmmm, I was expecting it to be some sort of sex position. :( Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Av 'erd of it
    Another 'No' here, but then my idea of a self-respecting gamer differs wildly from the US's.

Actually, I'd say any self respecting gamer wouldn't bother with shìte like that and instead just play games. But that's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Caffeine ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

animal semen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Av 'erd of it
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Av 'erd of it
    nope....

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

tbh its says more about a European gamer to know what bawls is considering its hard to get tho.

more importantly however is the fact that a REAL gamer would not need stimulants to stay alert regardless of the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Av 'erd of it
    humanji wrote:
    Actually, I'd say any self respecting gamer wouldn't bother with shìte like that and instead just play games. But that's just me.
    No, that would be me too. It's just across the pond, it tends to mean someone who plays the same CS map for 36 hours straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Av 'erd of it
    Bawls? Do you say that with a Texan slur?
    Baaawwwwlllllsss.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

it tends to mean someone who plays the same CS map for 36 hours straight.

no bawls is this bawls.jpg

A stimulant like red bull for keeping sharp and alert - aids 36 hour gaming sessions somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Av 'erd of it
    Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Av 'erd of it
    Not being stupid or anything woudn't that amount of caffine be bad for your heart.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Av 'erd of it
    Not being stupid or anything woudn't that amount of caffine be bad for your heart.:eek:

Very very bad for your heart and health in general. To each his own I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Tasted it in the States and it tastes like piss. Red bull is just a strong as it. And like red bull drinking too much is very bad for you. Especially for those gamers who play for 36 hours straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Of course

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Av 'erd of it

Didn't some Korean guy die last year after a massive gaming session fuelled, no doubt, by some Korean version of bawls?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Av 'erd of it
    That bottle looks like a sex-toy. I think I read a penny-arcade news post making fun of it or something like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Av 'erd of it
    nope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I'd say you'd only hear about bawls if you kept up to date with the internet gaming/forums sub culture.... if you understand such things as "all your base...", "SWK", "slashdotted" and other such memes without googling, you'll have heard about Bawls. www.thinkgeek.com being an excellent purveyor of gaming/geek goods, including caffeine tablets *w00t!!!*

Bawls has been out for yonks and is the staple of most american gamers. Most europeans (including myself) will have come across it after a 24-48 hour LAN party and felt them selves drop off and wondered "what do those crazy yanks do to stay awake at LANs?". Post that question on any american gaming forums and they are going to say "BAWLS!!!" or recommend the more boring, yet equally as effective caffeine tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

All you base, massive damage, giant enemy crabs, SWK I'm familiar with. Never heard of bawls though.

Not surprised though, imagine if they released it over here.....

Hmmmm can I have a taste of your bawls please... god damn it the possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

L31mr0d wrote:
    I'd say you'd only hear about bawls if you kept up to date with the internet gaming/forums sub culture.... if you understand such things as "all your base...", "SWK", "slashdotted" and other such memes without googling, you'll have heard about Bawls. www.thinkgeek.com being an excellent purveyor of gaming/geek goods, including caffeine tablets *w00t!!!*

Bawls has been out for yonks and is the staple of most american gamers. Most europeans (including myself) will have come across it after a 24-48 hour LAN party and felt them selves drop off and wondered "what do those crazy yanks do to stay awake at LANs?". Post that question on any american gaming forums and they are going to say "BAWLS!!!" or recommend the more boring, yet equally as effective caffeine tablets.

Yeah... that's kinda what I figured... I'd be interested in tasting the stuff tho! I remember a few gamecon's ago (eugh!) a mate of mine was drinking some guarana extract stuff. Tasted like rescue remedy. He ended up drinking too much. Could game like a mad thing but couldn't sleep when he eventually got home.

The important thing is... I win the bet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Av 'erd of it
    All Your Base is a starcraft thing right?

Advertisement