Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloading Demos

• 26-03-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just got my 360 the other day and was on xbxo live last nite. Was trying to download a few demo's but they seemed to be taking ages to get past 1%.

Is this common that theyd take that long? I started download and checked back 10 mins later and it hadnt passed 1%. It was 1.3 gig download

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

how fast is your connection and were you downloading anything on your pc at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

Its the Eircom broadband 1mb one, and no, wasnt downloading anything on the pc.

I tried downloading the Turtles game after just to see was it all slow but that was grand. was going quick enough but cancelled it then as i was off to bed.

Downloading on my pc is no problem, have a wii aswell and that seems quick enough when downlaoding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I have the same package .anything over 500mb is gna take ages better of leaving over night .

cheers Helix/Rain, i thought that might be the case, will do that so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The best you're going to get is probably about 100KBs download. So you're looking at about 360MB an hour if that speed is consistent. 1.3GBs will take roughly 4 hours.

• Advertisement

cheers Makaveli, to be honest that doesnt too bad, ill just leave it on overnight or when i head off to work.

still getting used to the whole setup, looks fairly class so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Mr Soft wrote:
    Just got my 360 the other day and was on xbxo live last nite. Was trying to download a few demo's but they seemed to be taking ages to get past 1%.

Is this common that theyd take that long? I started download and checked back 10 mins later and it hadnt passed 1%. It was 1.3 gig download

any help would be appreciated

Hi folks, Mr soft nothing to do with your problem but regarding downloading demos, do you have to play the demos all on line. I only have xbox 2 days am really really bad at most of the games so far. Both demos I downloaded want to bring me on line to play against others.

Now I know thats the whole idea of going live but I would like to check out game on single player first. Is this possible. If this is a silly question I apoligise in advance but only starting so am a real Noob.
    thank Paddy

Put query in this thread because of title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It depends on the demo, if you download a multiplayer demo, then that will be online. But some demos are for the singleplayer in a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

There are some demos that require you to go online and compete in multiplayer modes and others that don't, it should say it on the demo description, you also need to be a subscriber to xbox live gold to use the online demos.

I haven't downloaded many demos, but Rainbow 6: Vegas is an offline demo, Lost Planet is online, Worms 3D is both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

johnnyflav wrote:
    There are some demos that require you to go online and compete in multiplayer modes and others that don't, it should say it on the demo description, you also need to be a subscriber to xbox live gold to use the online demos.

I haven't downloaded many demos, but Rainbow 6: Vegas is an offline demo, Lost Planet is online, Worms 3D is both.

Thanks for the rep;ies, Yes I am on xbox live gold, just want to download an off line game for the moment till I get used to playing 360. I will try Rainbow 6. Again Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement