Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rush Tour dates now out!!!

• 26-03-2007 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Happy days,,,
    dates on www.rush.com 7 uk dates - 1 at NEC Birmingham, 2 at wembley arena and 1 each in manchester, glasgow, sheffield and newcastle,,,tickets on sale in pre sale this thursday...am gonna go to NEC myself this year as 11th october should be spot on for me :)...looking at list of dates,,,blimey it's a massive tour!!,,,have some energy these lads,,,from canada, usa to europe etc...new year will see them in south america and maybe asia too

happy days folks ...get in fast!!

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Manchester on october 14th - that'll do for me :)

Can't wait - this will be my first Rush gig...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there some reason they dont come to Ireland? Yeah, I've no money, damn this anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Mushy,
    .......sorry for ya bud...but why would they come here?..look at the music scene here and the way boy bands and muppets like yer man on xfactor can sell out the point on several nights??!!..ffs..,.,,yet KISS who like em or hate em were one of the great live acts..couldnt sell more than 300 tickets at the point and had to cancel!?!..,..pity for some lads here but IM glad their not coming here...there too damm goood to play here...Im well glad to travel to see them...their the only band worth viewing anymore for me.

how bad would it be that such a band couldnt sell out here?...says much more about the music scene here rather than the bands themselves.

hope ya get sorted...ciao' amigo...Baggio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'm going to all UK and Dutch gigs.:D

October 3rd - Glasgow SECC
    October 5th - Newcastle Metro Arena
    October 6th - Sheffield Hallam Arena
    October 9th - London Wembley Arena
    October 10th - London Wembley Arena
    October 12th - Birmingham NEC
    October 14th - Manchester MEN

October 16th - Rotterdam Ahoy
    October 17th - Rotterdam Ahoy
    October 19th - Oberhausen Arena
    October 21st - Mannheim SAP Arena
    October 23rd - Milan Forum Arena
    October 26th - Oslo Spektrum
    October 27th - Stockholm Globe Arena
    October 29th - Helsinki Hartwell Arena

Galway,
    ..good stuff...glad i double checked the dates,,,had it in my head as being 11th october for NEC!!..so now Im happy,,am off the 12th anyway ...so happy days again :) trying to organise my bandmates coming over too,,,but accomadation could be a hassle,,,never stayed in Birmingham area and dont wanna be stuk miles away from the gig etc...so checking about that now.

cheers..Baggio...

• Advertisement

Baggio wrote:
    Galway,
    ..good stuff...glad i double checked the dates,,,had it in my head as being 11th october for NEC!!..so now Im happy,,am off the 12th anyway ...so happy days again :) trying to organise my bandmates coming over too,,,but accomadation could be a hassle,,,never stayed in Birmingham area and dont wanna be stuk miles away from the gig etc...so checking about that now.

cheers..Baggio...
    It was listed as the 11th for a while but has been corrected.
    Last time, we stayed at the Holiday Inn located in the NEC area, there's 2 more hotels there as well, anout 20 - 30 minutes walk from the Arena.
    see you there.:cool:

alway ,
    ...nice one...did it cost ya much to stay there?,and do you think its way too early to try and book a room there in the next week or two?

am in a slight quandry as NEC my bandmates would be great and as said with a place to sleep in for the night close by...veryy handy. on the other hand parents live in luton and if my bro was willing to pop down there from leicestershire,,,well i could spend maybe 4 days with parents and get to the show in ye old tried and trusted way at wembley arena...must give both some thought for a couple of days.....will see them either way thats for sure :)

ciao' amigo..Baggio....

Book now, there will be 12,000 plus people there.;)
    I'll have to miss the first three gigs as a compromise to wife, she wasn't impressed with me gone got 17 days,:eek: so 4 UK and two Dutch shows for me.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gingemiester

Galwayrush, whats the best way to get Dutch tickets, and if you dont mind.... What did you pay for them, in euro.

Cheers

All done - ticket booked for Manchester, got a good price for return flights with Aer Lingus as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

boo hoo. I cant go. Ill be in Oz.

I saw them in Birmingham for R30 sio I guess that will have to do me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

I got 09 Oct. - 3rd row center!!
    and on the 10th - 18th row watching Geddy.

Galway/Lads,
    ...how did you manage to book the tickets so early??..was onto NEC earlier today but queing on fone bla bla to UK became tooo annoying...or is that the ONLY way to do it?..also in the presale are the seats in goood sections or just a few seats here and there and the other seats still up for grabs?..any info appreciated...my 4 bandmates and another pal are going over with me and am trying to get a decent viewing spot...dont really wanna be too far back if on ground level,,,rather be up on the side myself...better view etc...but the boys seem keen on standing on floor level...is NEC all seating??

all info much appreciated...ciao'...Baggio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

I phoned in the ticketline at 08:40 and the woman told me to call back. I called at 09:00 sharp (using the atomic clock even), but then I got the %$!!ck$ message: "We are experiencing heavy load on our call centres, please call back again or book online...blah blah blah".

I was using 3 phones (calling tickenline, the wembley phone# and ticketmaster...all busy) and internet, when finally this URL had links to book tickets (around 09:20am) online.

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/minisite/rushfanclub.html

you can choose the section, but it is up to the Gods what row you get. I got lucky I guess to get the 3rd row @ Wembley.

I was soo panicky that I actually bought a 3rd ticket for the 10th - Section A2, row 22, just to be safe. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Baggio wrote:
    Mushy,
    .......sorry for ya bud...but why would they come here?..look at the music scene here and the way boy bands and muppets like yer man on xfactor can sell out the point on several nights??!!..ffs..,.,,yet KISS who like em or hate em were one of the great live acts..couldnt sell more than 300 tickets at the point and had to cancel!?!..,..pity for some lads here but IM glad their not coming here...there too damm goood to play here...Im well glad to travel to see them...their the only band worth viewing anymore for me.

how bad would it be that such a band couldnt sell out here?...says much more about the music scene here rather than the bands themselves.

hope ya get sorted...ciao' amigo...Baggio....

Kiss had to cancel here? I'm really showing my youth here, I'd have been too young for that. When did that happen?

Rush should play somewhere like the ******* over here, if not somewhere smaller. Would be so intimate and so damn rocking it doesnt bear thinking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Cooper on Today FM just outed himself as a Rush fan! He wondered what chance a Dubin show. [edited for spelling]

Mike.

Galwayrush, whats the best way to get Dutch tickets, and if you dont mind.... What did you pay for them, in euro.

Cheers
    55 euros including booking fee. a Dutch friend looked after them for me:cool:

mike65 wrote:
    Matt Cooper on Today FM just outed himself as a Rush fan! We wondered what chance a Duboin show.

Mike.
    Yes.i remember he picked Spirit of Radio when asked for his favourite music of all time.:cool:

Baggio wrote:
    Galway/Lads,
    ...how did you manage to book the tickets so early??..was onto NEC earlier today but queing on fone bla bla to UK became tooo annoying...or is that the ONLY way to do it?..also in the presale are the seats in goood sections or just a few seats here and there and the other seats still up for grabs?..any info appreciated...my 4 bandmates and another pal are going over with me and am trying to get a decent viewing spot...dont really wanna be too far back if on ground level,,,rather be up on the side myself...better view etc...but the boys seem keen on standing on floor level...is NEC all seating??

All gigs seating, but hardly anyone sits, lol.
    I am lucky as my pals in TNMS managed to get 200 tickets for each gig.:cool:

Baggio wrote:
    Galway/Lads,

Baggio - try this link:

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/minisite/rushfanclub.html

They never asked me for any fanclub id!

• Advertisement

Peter and lads,
    ......thanx for the links etc.......booked 6 tickets for NEC so happy days, tickets to be delivered to me a week or so before the gig....... fulll band " Never Say Die " go to see RUSH on mass eh ahahahah has a nice sound to it :)

might see some of ya's there

ciao' amigos....Baggio.....

Advertisement