Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Cap

Options
  • 26-03-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have tried to search this forum for this topic but cannot find much info.

Simply and quickly, i just want to know has anyone had much trouble with their eircom BB download cap. Do eircom restrict ur connection once u go over the 20gb limit? Do they bill you for addtional mb like they say they would?

Im debating to get BT over Eircom, but i have heard that BT have gone terrible in recent months!

Anyone recommend a good package 2mb/3mb line with large DL cap???

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Smart have unlimited downloads and faster speeds than that.
    If you can get Smart.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If Eircom had ever billed anyone for exceeding the cap you can rest assured that boards would be full of posts about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cravian

I've been over my Eircom cap a few times and haven't had any issues (once last year by quite a lot, like 20Gb, and a few other times by 1-2Gb).
    I'm guessing they'd only really pursue persistent offenders.

For the record, I'm on Business Starter at 3Mb with a 40Gb cap and surprisingly have had little trouble and would recommend their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

cravian wrote:
    once last year by quite a lot, like 20Gb...
    That's not really quite a lot. 120G would be quite a lot. 20G is more like a bit.

bazpaul, protect your sanity and stay clear of BT. With the state of their customer support and billing departments, and now lots of people having awful connection problems, I'd not recommend them to anyone. Pity as it's cheap. Stick with eircom, or try one of the many many other resellers. Smart would be the best option if it's available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

cravian wrote:
    I've been over my Eircom cap a few times and haven't had any issues (once last year by quite a lot, like 20Gb, and a few other times by 1-2Gb).
    I'm guessing they'd only really pursue persistent offenders.

For the record, I'm on Business Starter at 3Mb with a 40Gb cap and surprisingly have had little trouble and would recommend their service.

Whats the price of this service all in including line rental?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

UTV Clicksilver have an unlimited download option for an extra 5.99 a month if you've been with them over 3(I think) months. Been with them 4 years and no problems so far.

Whats the price of this service all in including line rental?

Boards people are helpful but really this sort of thing is the epitome of laziness!!!:rolleyes:

Did you ever hear of www.eircom.net????

dub45 wrote:
    Boards people are helpful but really this sort of thing is the epitome of laziness!!!:rolleyes:

Did you ever hear of www.eircom.net????

I know the price is like €48.50 but I aint sure if this includes line rental or not!!

I know the price is like €48.50 but I aint sure if this includes line rental or not!!

Sales Contact Details

If you need to contact eircom net regarding:

- Internet Start-up Packages
    - General Sales Enquires
    - Enquiries about web hosting
    - Enquiries about our business solutions packages
    - Changing existing domain mail mappings
    - Upgrading your existing access account to ISDN

For further information on our products please visit home.eircom.net/business

Please contact eircom net's sales department as follows:
    SME/Residential Sales
    Phone:
    SME/Residential Sales 1800 203 204

Ring them!

DamoKen wrote:
    UTV Clicksilver have an unlimited download option for an extra 5.99 a month if you've been with them over 3(I think) months. Been with them 4 years and no problems so far.

Where about do UTV cover?
    Looking for broadband in Cork. Checked online yesterday and got 'Exchange is not available...' the usual thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Looking for broadband in Cork. Checked online yesterday and got 'Exchange is not available...' the usual thing.

well if it says not available I would imagine it means UTV don't cover your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As far as I know, UTV will cover everywhere that eircom covers as they just re-sell the eircom package.

IrishTLR wrote:
    As far as I know, UTV will cover everywhere that eircom covers as they just re-sell the eircom package.

Ok thanks. Might give them an email and see if they in my area.

Thanks

Advertisement