Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eternal Question

Options
  • 26-03-2007 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

After having built a computer several years ago, I have finally accepted that it has become pretty much obsolete. I went with an AMD processor back then but now Ive got my sights set on a dual-core upgrade. Ive picked these ones from komplett, but Im curious before I buy, between Intel and AMD who does the better dual-core, ie, "Bang for the buck", and which of these two options is the better value?
    I'm aware they are very different prices but is it justified in Intel's case?
    Should I be wary that the AMD kits here are so much cheaper?
    On a side note, I use my machine for gaming and the motivation for this upgrade was the release of Supreme Commander :D

AMD Upgrade
    Intel Upgrade

Thanks!
    ~Pyrocujo~

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 d_advocatus

Go for the Intel. It's far better in performance.

To be honest though, those boards are using old chipsets. Those upgrade deals from komplett aren't really good value. Also, http://www.dabs.ie are generally cheaper than komplett.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Dabs has horrible service though I ordered a case and nearly a week later it hadnt been even shipped becuase of security details.. after several unanswered emails I cancelled! There very strict with credit cards and stuff!

But yes prices are very good!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 d_advocatus

I had trouble with my first order being late from them also. But I decided to give them another try and it's been all good since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

haven't had problems from dabs.ie and ordered from them twice.

For the OP, yeah, stick with Intel for the dual core. If you can wait a month though i'd recommend it as the Intel prices are set to slash in late april, early may.

Advertisement