Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copying the contents of eircom.net "send folder" to outlook express

• 26-03-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Copying the contents of eircom.net "send folder” to outlook express

I am trying to copy all of my send items from eircom's email to my sent items in outlook express. I cannot seem to find a way to do this

I have tried the following, copying messages from send folder to inbox in eircom.net, then hitting send/receive in outlook but they are not been copied down.

I have also tried creating a new account in Firefox Thunderbird. They do not copy down from thunderbird either. (Only new messages copy down)

Some of the messages I am trying to copy down are both read and unread messages. There must be some other setting in the header that suggests that they are not new messages as only new messages are being copied down in outlook express.

I have thousands of message so going through each one and forwarding it to myself would be time consuming and also I would lose the date and who the message came from on the summary pane of outlook express.

|Is there any way I can get the messages saved to outlook or export them in some format from eircom.net mail??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can't do this as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

In Outlook 2007 (not Outlook Express), when a new email account is setup, it downloads everything in the online inbox (new and old) during the first send/receive. Can't remember if previous versions did this or not.
    So if you move all your sent items to your inbox on Eircom.net it should download them.
    Outlook is part of MS Office so you may already have it on your pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

True enough actually, but there's no way to sync direct to your sent box in outlook. If you do as kaizersoze says you can just move them from your inbox to the sentbox in outlook - but I'm not sure how this would mess up the email header details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

if you read a message on eircom.net dosnt the pop3 server stop you from downloading it ? or did they change that on eircom.net?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Blitz wrote:
    if you read a message on eircom.net dosnt the pop3 server stop you from downloading it ? or did they change that on eircom.net?
    Yep it's removed from the POP server.

However you can import your entire eircom.net webmail (even messages already read) into Outlook/Outlook Express here

• Advertisement
Advertisement