Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Practice Session

• 26-03-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Lads,

Just looking for suggestions for a decent 40min - 1hour practice session o nthe range...

Headin straight from work :) Lovely day!

I like the range but don't feel I practice very well to be honest... I suppose this is aimed at low-handicappers who know what they're doin more than me!

Do you keep stats of your practice (including rounds)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I'm not a huge fan of the driving range but i do try to go once a week to keep the hand in.

My routine is basically, start by hitting 5-6 balls with a wedge to warm up a little, then slowly work my way down the bag. Any clubs i hit particularly poorly i usually hit a few more with later on.

I try not to hit too many shots with the same club all in succession. I usually stop after 4 or 5. If i hit a few good shots with the driver i usually just put it away again.

Every shot i hit i always try and aim for a target. i always think ranges should have as many different targets as they can. some just have distance markers which is annoying.

Not sayin this is what everyone should do, just the things i normally do. Hope that helps.

Interested to hear what others have to say too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

I think the important thing when you are at the range is not to get into the habit of just bashing balls. Graeme has good advice when he says always aim for a target. Mix up the targets that you aim for. It's a good idea to put a club down on the mat to get the alignment of your feet right because it can drift off even if you think you are square to the mat.

The thing about the range is that you can groove bad habits if you are not constantly checking that your alignment and grip are correct. Don't be tempted to feel that you have to buy a large bucket either. You should be going for quality over quantity. It's also a good idea to go through your preshot routine on each shot and try and visualize the shot you are about to hit.

After every practice session I write down in a diary how I was hitting the ball and what I was working on specifically. I have a look at the notes before my next practice session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I get bored on the range so I pick a nice course and imagine I'm playing there. After warming up I'll play like it was a real round: Driver off the tee, 7 iron to the green etc. And as the others said, always have a target.

Advertisement