Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build

Options
  • 26-03-2007 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Right so,

Im getting all this lot from beatfreak :

http://picasaweb.google.com/hangableautobulb/PC/photo#4973306414324776978

Its the case, pump tubing rad and res.

Now obviously his gpu and cpu blocks wont work for me. So what i need is somelinks to a gpu block for a x1950pro and a s939 cpu block for a dfi lanparty nf4 sli-d board.

By the looks of it, all the tubing is 0.5" id. Unless im mistaken. So can ya show me some places that accept Creditcards, and wont rape me on delivery charges.

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

www.alphacool.de

www.coolercases.co.uk

Used both, coolercases customer service is second to none...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Good stuff, Anything recommended ? As id like to cool the gpu and ram. And not have to use heatsinks on the ram

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The EK blocks will do the job n they cool the mosfet.... http://coolercases.co.uk/acatalog/EK_-_ATI_GPU_Blocks.html

The Aplhacool blocks r half the price but dont do the mosfet(its an extra) but if u've decent air circulation u'll be ok.. I had one on my X1900xtx(hopefull's using it now) n it did the job... http://coolercases.co.uk/acatalog/Alphacool_ATI_GPU_Blocks.html

I'm assuming here the X1950pro is the same layout/fittings as a X1900...

As for the CPU, the choice is urs....

they are alot cheaper then i thought tbh. Plus im hoping the watercooling should help me break 3ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i found that www.caseking.de has a nice selection of coolers and watercoolers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

unklerosco wrote:

The Aplhacool blocks r half the price but dont do the mosfet(its an extra) but if u've decent air circulation u'll be ok.. I had one on my X1900xtx(hopefull's using it now) n it did the job...

I am indeed using the Alphacool block..I also got the MOSFET cooler just 'cause it's shiney :D

Click for bigger...
    PICT0019.th.jpg

Get good temps but TBH the MOSFET cooler probably isn't worth it...some decent airflow does the job with the stock MOSFET cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why go the alpha-cool route? Their stuff is mediocre at best and is even outperformed by some of the newer air heatsinks like the tunic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

krazy_8s wrote:
    Why go the alpha-cool route? Their stuff is mediocre at best and is even outperformed by some of the newer air heatsinks like the tunic.

Have you tried to fit a Tuniq Tower on an X1900xt ? Even with a hammer it gives less than ideal cooling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

hopeful wrote:
    Have you tried to fit a Tuniq Tower on an X1900xt ? Even with a hammer it gives less than ideal cooling :D

Now thats a mod I would like to see.

If my case was big enough id try to attatch one.

But im only going for watercooling to make the pc complatly silent. As my tuniq is now quite whiney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

hope this helps these are all the suppliers i could find online

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=846324

and specialtech are the only suppliers that didn't rape me on delivery and EK water blocks all the way

Advertisement