Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eye Tests

Options
  • 26-03-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭

Will I need to get a new eye test for my provisional license application? I've had a recent one about 2 months ago for contact lens. I'd be asking my optician for it.

Do you they need to do a new one or will I have to resit a quick one again? What are the usual costs involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They are valid for one month only so I'd go with yes you need to re-do it - remember to ask for them to fill in the eye test form for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

They are valid for one month only so I'd go with yes you need to re-do it - remember to ask for them to fill in the eye test form for you.

I got my form off the optician, don't forget yours, its really important.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

gayness, will have to ring them tomorrow then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yep stupid, I had any eye test a few months ago which cost over €200...but would that do? Nope, had to fill in the stupid form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Sangre you post on the TCD boards so I'm guessing you go there. You can get one done for 10 euro with the form provided in the Student Health Centre!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

can also get them done for €12 (afair) in insight opticians in the jervis and omni.

Might go Trinity route as I've a 9.20am appointment for test and can't get my form printed by then. Might have to cancel and go €10 trinity route. I assume I'll have to ring and book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

do you need your eyetest form to sit the test? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think most opticians will have the form.

I didn't think so but I thought they mentioned something to me when I booked, maybe it was to do with the fact the form lasted 1 month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rugbug86 wrote:
    do you need your eyetest form to sit the test? :confused:
    no, only to get PL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Yeah you need an eye test to get a provisional licence. It only costs about €10 and it very quick.

Advertisement