Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shared Folder Issue

• 26-03-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

My last post on this was closed becuase it appears I used the wrong example while explaining my problem. So I will try again.

Like i said in the last one some of us where I work have shared folders on Windows XP SP2. People can access my share no problem but when I try to access some peoples shares I cant see all the files in that folder. We have compared settings and everything looks OK.

Let me give you an example. One of the guys here has a share called XMLShare. In this folder there are 30 XML files. When the guy sitting beside me connects to this share he can see all 30 XML files. When I connect I only see 27. And this happens with lots of shares.

We have checked the settings of the Shares on "server" machine. We have checked the number of connections to a share and this doesnt look like the problem.

Any help here would be appreciated.
    Nedd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arsetrousers

Are the last 3 files hidden? Tick show hidden files and folders in the folder options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

i am viewing hidden files. sometimes its all files that cant be seen in a folder, not just some.

i used the example above to illustrate my problem but it is happening with loads of shared folders i try to view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

If your on a domain, make sure that your user id (or group) has permission to list those folders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Hi,

we are using domains here. and one of the shares i cant view is on a different domain but someone on the same domain as me can see all the files.

Advertisement