Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treo 650

• 26-03-2007 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi,

Today I received a new Treo 650 from my daughter in London. It was well received as my trusty XDAII just plain refused to work.

Now the problem. I'm on the 3 network and have been very happy with the value I get, though getting a signal or network busy is a pain.

But I've now discovered that 3 SIM's only work in phone that they use on their network !. Even though my Treo is Quad Band and not locked the 3 SIM refuses to work, was worse when I discovered that my XDAII was not actually faulty but also suffering from lack of compatiability with the 3 SIM.

Anyone any ideas how to get around this problem.

RMD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

the problem with both the xda 2 and treo are that they arent 3g phones. as a result, they will not work on 3. any phone that isnt 3g, will not work. it doesnt really matter if its quad band or not, its just a different technology all together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

The Treo 750 will work with a 3 sim card alright as this phone is 3G

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

I've contacted 3. Their reply was short, the only phones that the 3 SIM will work with are those sold via 3. Period

No offer of an alternative, and to compound matters I've now dropped my Nokia and broke the screen. Breaks are not covered under warranty so tough luck.

I've been happy with their package, sometimes find it hard to get a network connection despite good signal.

But their attitutide is not consumer friendly, its our way or the highway, basically

RMD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Connrang wrote:
    I've contacted 3. Their reply was short, the only phones that the 3 SIM will work with are those sold via 3. Period

No offer of an alternative, and to compound matters I've now dropped my Nokia and broke the screen. Breaks are not covered under warranty so tough luck.

I've been happy with their package, sometimes find it hard to get a network connection despite good signal.

But their attitutide is not consumer friendly, its our way or the highway, basically

RMD

As long as it's a 3G phone, it will work fine. Just make sure to keep it on automatic or dual-mode, and don't try putting the SIM card in a non-3G phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Guys,
    Thanks for your replies. I've now resigned myself to the fact that either I drop 3 as my provider or the Treo.

I like the Treo but the package I'm on with 3 cannot be matched and suits my lifestyle so the Treo will appear on boards real soon for sale.

Maybe the Treo 750....mmmm now there is a possibility or is it another white elephant on 3 ?

RMD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

3 sim card definitely works in one as I have tried it here
    I am about to list a Treo 750 unlocked on eBay, so if interested send me a PM. I am based in Mullingar

Advertisement