Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop

• 26-03-2007 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Do any of the campus computers still have photoshop on them? I'm told that they used to, but the college apparently revamped alot of them.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I think the ones in the Comp Sci building do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Merci buckets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yep the ones in the computer science block do. But be warned its a scary environemtn in there and as an outside you will be stared at...a lot..like a species from outer space.
    Intresting I wonder what the minister needs photoshop for.......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill photoshop for you stephen.. Im a master ! Just bell me on the BFM office, if im not here leave a message with the answermachine and ill get it on the morrow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think Photoshop is in NAL, but as far as I recall it's in an odd folder.

You might want to try out the GIMP. It's free and can be made run with no install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I found it in the NAL folder in the LG computers recently enough anyway.... and I think I know why u want photoshop:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Sure its election time..

P.S. Dajaffa change your sig about Lynam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I bloody hope it's for posters for a certain society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Its on the Daedulus comps too. Damnit, this reminds me of my I.S. assignment I should be working on.

Chakar wrote:
    P.S. Dajaffa change your sig about Lynam.

Who says I haven't left it there for a reason:p

• Advertisement

well if you dont want to take me up on my most generous offer. There are ways of aquiring photoshop.....

Grimes wrote:
    Ill photoshop for you stephen.. Im a master ! Just bell me on the BFM office, if im not here leave a message with the answermachine and ill get it on the morrow

Thanks for the offer. I will soon need to be photoshopping certain......things, for a certain....purpose. Dejaffa knows:) . I just need to take a decent photo of myself first (hint, hint).

Blush I'm working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Yeah. Just like I'm currently making that golden waffle. No, really. :o

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Scraggs wrote:
    Its on the Daedulus comps too. Damnit, this reminds me of my I.S. assignment I should be working on.

Information.....studies......?

Oh dear Lord. The memories. :o

Minister dude, photoshop.....are you running for something??!

elmyra wrote:
    Minister dude, photoshop.....are you running for something??!

He's considering running for IT and Communications Officer. I signed his nomination form on Monday so its not a mere rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Chakar wrote:
    He's considering running for IT and Communications Officer. I signed his nomination form on Monday so its not a mere rumour.

Roffle at asking about Photoshop then.

Woot though....I would vote for said Minister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

panda100 wrote:
    Yep the ones in the computer science block do. But be warned its a scary environemtn in there and as an outside you will be stared at...a lot..like a species from outer space.
    Oy! The only ones we stare at are the nurses as they go past :p

And yes both photoshop and painthop pro should still be on NAL. They are fairly old versions though.

GIMP is already installed on the Linux accounts, if you need access give me a shout.

The Minister for IT and Comms (if its true)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Scraggs wrote:

Oh no, if Scraggs is doing more work than me on that yoke things must be getting really bad :o:o:o

How do you get to NAL again? I seem to have forgotten.

And yes, I am running.

EDIT: Never mind, my memory came back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Oh no, if Scraggs is doing more work than me on that yoke things must be getting really bad :o:o:o
    Oi! I only said reminded, doesn't mean I've actually done any work. Jaysus give me some credit:p:p

Anyway OT, Photoshop is definitely there The_Minister if you haven't got to it send me a PM.

I found it, but the help function is broken (I have only done simple things with it before so I is well annoyed), and the thing is several years out of date. I'm going to try a TORRENT of other ideas that I had, even though I would prefer not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Ive Paint Shop Pro on my laptop if its any good to you, or failing that theres up to date Photoshop on the computers in the student forum

...."student forum"? Only the forum bar is coming to mind....Is there another name for this?

I think he means the computers in the society forum room maybe?

Chakar wrote:
    I think he means the computers in the society forum room maybe?
    Ah. I've never heard it called that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I found it, but the help function is broken (I have only done simple things with it before so I is well annoyed),...

Has the irony of the situation not hit you yet given its intended purpose :rolleyes:

jimi_t wrote:
    Has the irony of the situation not hit you yet given its intended purpose :rolleyes:

LOL

In fairness the whole job description is.... ucdsu.net and nout else.

Advertisement