Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live connection

• 26-03-2007 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just got round to connecting to xbox live for the 360. when i go to sign up it asks to download an update.
    If i say no it stops the signup process. If i Say yes it attempts to download the update but fails and tells me to run the diagnostics. The diagnostic, passes everything apart from the xbox live connection.

I've mailed MS about this a week ago and got no reply yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention, i have the xbox running as a media extender with no problems so i think the ports are fine on the router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Eircom? Netopia router?

Go to http://192.168.1.254/ in your browser.
    Turn your router firewall to low.
    Enter expert mode.
    Go to Configure > Adavanced > NAT
    From the drop down enable XBox Live Games.

If that doesn't work. Go to portforward.com, find your router and follow the guide to configure port forwarding.

Some people have had to turn off uPnP too. You can get that from
    Configure > Connection in Expert mode again and it's at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Yup eircom netopia router. have enabled NAT for Xbox Live Games, will try the other two when i get home. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

If that doesn't work, bring it around to a friends house and try it on another broadband connection. That'll sort your problem. If you're in town, you can pop into the XLGC and we'll have a look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Got it working.... the router firewall was set to high, set it to low and it worked fine.
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement