Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dippy Dippy Dippy

Options
  • 26-03-2007 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

This guy starts a new job selling washing powder door to door. On the first day his boss brings the guy with him to show him the ropes,they knock on a door and are invited in. The boss tells the lady of the house that they are demonstrating a new powerful powder on the market and asks has she anything really dirty to wash,she rummages through her washing basket and hands him a mankey teatowel. The boss dips the teatowel into a bowl of warm water mixed with the powder and starts to recite his sales pitch," Dippy dippy dippy in the new blue tide,up to the nose smells like a rose,up to the skies spotless to the eyes".
    "Thats fantastic" say's the lady "I'll have two box's.

Outside the boss tells the guy thats how it's done and sends him into the next house on his own.

This one opens the door, she looks like she has'nt seen daylight in years,fag hanging out of her mouth,hair in bits,mascarra streaked down her face,wearing a filthy dressing gown.

The guy explains why he's there and she invites him in. He asks for a basin of warm water and any item of clothing that he could demonstrate with. She looks around and then takes off the knickers she's wearing and says that's all she has. That's allright say's your man and begins his pitch.

" Dippy dippy dippy in the new blue tide,up to the nose- Ohh dippy dippy dippy..............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

???

Slurms wrote:
    ???
    Same thought as myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is the punchline that the knickers stink? Or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bob The Nero

If it has to be explained then its obviously not funny,

But yea,he has to dip the knickers in the water again.

Probably sounds funnier when heard rather than read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i got it when i read it. but then felt queezy rather than laughed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

*cough* *cough* :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

you have to visualise it, or get someone to tell the joke and do the actions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ah I see now. Yeah Id say it would be funny if someone acted it out.
    I was just confused reading it!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Didn't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I didn't think it was too bad

prob not as funny if you dont imagine what he's saying

• Advertisement
Advertisement