Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has WWE Convinced You 2 Order Wrestlemania???

• 26-03-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

ok they call it the superbowl of wrestling but im still not too convinced to order the ppv . 2 years ago was brill , and then of course last year i thought was great except for rubbish ending with cena . But im not entirely convinved 2 order it 4 €21 !!!!.. Im prob goin 2 just watch it on dailymotion or something . guys r always uploading raw the next day and will prob hav wrestlemania uploaded fairly quick!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I won't be ordering it, simply because I'm sure I'll either be able to find a friend who'll order it, or I'll get a tape of it easily enough. But if I didn't know anybody ordering it, I'd be inclined to get it. I'm looking forward to it more than last year's. The Cena/Michaels match should be excellent, Taker will make his match interesting I'm sure, and I'm guessing that the MITB ladder match will be a bigger deal than the two previous ones, as they have more big names in it this time

€21 is a good price too, I think it's $50 in America this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'll order it.

I think generally the top 3 matches have been promoted well and I'm looking forward to them. In saying that, looking at the card, its not exactly the strongest I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thankfully i'll be watching it in a friends house, he gets the PPV, we get the beer type deal. I would get it, if I wasn't though. Out of routine more than anything else. I havn't missed 'Mania live since X7, before it was getting the tapes of lads in school (oh the memories).

Vince makes a good point, the undercard really is poor this year (discounting MITB). I'd imagine a tag title match (SmackDown!) will be added this week. I think Benoit vs. Regal would have been a much better match and would have been a brilliant match.

I'm just trying to think, is it me or did WWE spend way more (too much even) tv time promoting the 3 main events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'd like to watch it, but can't. Stupid NTL.

The two title matches should be better than the two last year, as should the MITB match. I couldn't care less about Umaga vs Lashely, but I hope Benoit makes MVP tap in 26 seconds or however long Jordan lasted. Women's match will be poor, as will the monster vs monster match.

Minto wrote:

I'm just trying to think, is it me or did WWE spend way more (too much even) tv time promoting the 3 main events?

Well at the end of the day, thats what people are gonna buy it for. So I don't blame them for focusing they're time on them as thats what matters.

In saying that, just looking at the card, it doesn't look full of 4 star matches but this time next week I might be saying I was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I'll be ordering. Think Cena will step it up against HBK big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can this be gotten on NTL?

If not I shall have to seek this through "other means"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

I'll be ordering. Think Cena will step it up against HBK big time.

i hav 2 say it be worth ordering 2 see HBK win the gold but cant see that happening

Can this be gotten on NTL?

I'm sure it can, but you should order it by Friday, because I think NTL close their offices for the weekend and there's no way of ordering it off them Sunday night or anything like that. It happened a mate of mine a few times

I'm not worried about Shawn losing. It's Undertaker losing that would piss me off

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm not worried about Shawn losing. It's Undertaker losing that would piss me off

I agree, Shawn can lose, 'Taker can't. Its simple as that! lol

As for ordering WM on NTL, I remember trying to get a PPV a few years ago, I think it was Backlash 2002, but they couldn't, cos it was Box Office. I soon upgraded to sky, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

cousins are wonderul things ;)

Its being advertised on the NTL site so it should be fine.

Don't leave it too late to order though. NTL haven't got the most efficient telephone system. I probably spent 2 hours in total trying to order Royal Rumble in January and got through to no one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Taker/Batista - meh, but with Taker due to win the belt I would like to see this match.
    Cena/Michaels - promoted well, should be a good match, thumbs up for this one
    MITB - Should be great, would have rather the match to stay at 6 competitors and have Edge vs Orton instead but still defintely worth it.
    Benoit/MVP - Benoit is Benoit, and I actually quite like MVP.... yeah I wanna see this
    Original/New Breed - it should be Extreme Rules. End of. It will be great to see Dreamer, Sabu and Sandman wrestle at Mania but with the New Breed certain to go over I'm not convinced about this one
    Lashley/Umaga - Built up well for the type of match it its but I couldn't give a flying f**k about the wrestling, it will be sh!t. However Stone Cold in the ring maybe with a few stunners and McMahon getting his head shaved gives me some interest in the match.
    Kane/Khali - No thanks
    Melina/Ashley - No thanks

So that is 5/8 macthes I'm up for. It's not going to be a classic Wrestlemania but I think there is enough there to make it decent show. Hopefully they'll give London/Kendrick something to do as Flair vs Carltio is not happening. I'm about 60/40 in favour of buying it but I'll see how tonight's Raw goes before I make a definite decision..... I've only ever bought one PPV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

amazingly my television provider doesnt give me the option of purchasing PPV

there's other ways of seeing it i guess

Mossy Monk wrote:
    amazingly my television provider doesnt give me the option of purchasing PPV

Is that NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If anyone is unlucky enough like me to have NTL the number to order the PPV is 1890 940 624......... it will then probably take you about 3 days to get in contact with someone from NTL's wonderful customer service.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Is that NTL?

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I probably wont be ordering it until very close to the event if I have to.
    I have friends that usually order it and have the lads over to watch it.It is also possible to watch it via a live webcast which is what I did last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

London and Kendrick deserve a place on the card.

Hopefully Smackdown will see them added in a straight tag match for the titles against Regal and Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

wont be ordering it myself - watching it in a friends house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

surely they wont screw the undertaker by keeping his streak due to a DQ by batista??

btw, i wont be ordering it because i just couldnt stay awake with work the next day and the suspense would KILL me so i'll be checking the web first thing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I get the feeling that it will be a clean sweep for the title challengers this year.

Some of the news sites are reporting that Batista will be defending the World title against Mr. Kennedy in May. It appeas WWE are gonna end Takers streak, unless they plan to switch the title back to Batista at Backlash. It aslo, suggests that Kennedy may win the MITB. Hopefully, this was done, so as not to ruin the finish to the match at 'Mania.

Well,
    I heard after the Rumble that the plan for Backlash was to have Lashley on it, as well as Batista and Undertaker. So that rematch already looks set, but I'm surprised to hear that there's still plans/rumoured plans of Batista keeping the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

But around WM doesnt vince always throw up loads of promotional posters that have no standing just to keep people guessing? he starts promoting events like Backlash and house shows after WM months ago and just puts matches on them to keep us all guessing and cuz he is known for changing his mind a 1000 times b4 he settles on one
    Just the way I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

For sure i will order it. Looks like it is going to be a good show.

there were some wwe ppv's last year i did not buy cause some ppv's in 2005 i was not happy with, after paying €21, and i was glad i did not buy them ( i think there was 2 or 3 i did not buy last year). Funny enough, i did buy some that i did not intend on buying, but i bought them cause one or two of my brothers wanted to see them and they would be around to see it ( if they were not around i would not have bought them). I would sky+ it and they would watch it a day or two later. I dont mind paying the money if its bad and others get to see it, but it just bugs me to pay €21 if it is bad and only i get to see it, value for money.

I can see why vince changed the way wwe were doing ppv's cause some were bad.

Worth keeping in mind too that last year they had Angle advertised as the champ on all their house shows after WM. So you can't read too much into it, as long as a new champ isn't listed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i used to watch the ppvs with my mates but virtually all of them have no interest anymore and have have grown out of it, but since i have no plans for monday i will be most likely ordering it, i ordered survivor series and royal rumble so why stop now. Is it starting at 12 or 1?

a great weekend of rugby,soccer,drinking and wrestling awaits..

Advertisement