Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you get a health certificate?

Options
  • 26-03-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

wanted to get some tattoo equipment off micky sharpz for a friends birthday but they wont sell to me without a health certificate. just wondering how you'd go about getting one as my friends planning on training me up. I'd ask her but I don't wanna give the game away plus shes in the states.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I presume she means Blood Borne pathogens cert,
    You need to go through a training schedule with a proper tattoo shop,
    Theyll give you your cert once your training is complete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jesus smith

hrmmm thing is shes just teaching me independently at home like, what does the training involve how long does it take, also can you just get this at any tattoo shop? also is this needeing a cewrt to get equiptment thing a legal necesity or can i get **** elsewheres? i really wanted to get her the stuff from micky sharpz but they dont seem to want to sell to non professionals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You're not going to like hearing this, but anyway...

You can't get the equipment because all of this sounds completely dodgy. If you're going to learn about tattooing you need to get a proper apprenticeship in a shop, not at home, and you shouldn't even be thinking about touching a tattoo gun yourself yet- nobody starts off with a tattoo gun straight away.

The fact that you don't even know how long a tattooing apprenticeship should take when you supposedly wish to become a tattoo artist is really worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jesus smith

yeah i know it sounds dodgy but what ya gonna do, i really do want to surprise my mate with a new machine (hers is a bit ****) because shes willing to teach me and shes done a lot of work on me for free.
    I wasn't so much wondering about the apprenticeship so much as the health certificate. as in is it just something you do with like an exam in basic hygiene /first aid or is it something you get at the end of an apprenticeship,
    I'm pretty new to all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

your better off sayin to her.. pick a machine, im buyin it for ya.. im working in swineline in waterford, sammy the mang of the shop rang mickey sharpz today an orderd me a machine.. nothin was asked of him because he has an account with them.. chances are wherever your frind works, they have an account.
    why not get her to get it for you... leave her believe its for you.. then give it to her.. have her pick it out an all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement