Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Wireless Card Problem

• 26-03-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I acquired a D-Link DWL G510 for my Vista machine. I installed the drivers, turned it off, installed the card, turned the pc back on, and got the following message;

"WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point apsInitialise could not be located in
    the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

When I tried installing it through Add Hardware, it gave the following;

"An error occured during the installation of the device.

A service installation section in this INF is invalid."

Could someone please help me resolve this, google just gave me a bunch of people asking the same question and telling me to update drivers and simialr rubbish.

Please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well hate to sound like a broken record but did you download the Vista drivers from their site or use the ones that came with it, most likely XP drivers.

Vista can use XP drivers so they would have installed but may not function correctly.

On D-Link's site only the revision B of that card actually has Vista specific drivers available for it. If you have the A version try getting the XP drivers from the site and using those instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

yeah i tried downloading vista drivers but all i could get was two .inf files accompanied by 2 .sys files. wen i try to install them, it says

"The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation"

I've tried selecting the location of the saved files and it doesnt recognize them as driver files. Unless anyone knows how I can do this?

And you definitely have the revision B of that card ?

Just in case go into the device manager and bring up the properties of the network card it may be listed as an unknown device and attempt to install the driver though that mechanism, tell it to search for a driver and point it at the folder with the .inf and sys files in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

its actually rev. c, but yeah thats what i did, it was no good. i think il send it back, just go ahead and wire it, its just easier. thanks for ur help 8t8

One last item have you looked on Windows Update in the control panel drivers are not installed by default as they are an optional item if one is there it would show up in the optional section.

• Advertisement
Advertisement