Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wi-fi in galway??

Options
  • 26-03-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

just wondering if there is anywhere in galway city that can be used for free wi-fi connections??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i cant imagine using my laptop in town, it'd look like an ad at first with all smiles,until knackerdwarf starts eyeing you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

They offer free wi fi in the Roisin Dubh now as far as I know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Mc Donalds in Dunnes Westside Shopping Center offer it if you buy a Coffee and Mocha Beans in the City across from HMV do it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Steyr wrote:
    Mc Donalds in Dunnes Westside Shopping Center offer it if you buy a Coffee and Mocha Beans in the City across from HMV do it too.

Heh and about 5 minutes later a little scumbag comes in and tries to rob it shouting 'nerd nerd' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Steyr wrote:

Heh and about 5 minutes later a little scumbag comes in and tries to rob it shouting 'nerd nerd' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

morgans bar/hotel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

at the information kiosk at the top of eyre square but you better hide the PDA in a sod of turf or KD will spot it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

AFAIK its free in McSwiggans as well. Added bonus in that KD can't steal it cos he ain't allowed in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Mocha Beans, Edward Square - just off William Street.

Buy an over priced coffee and a man-handled scone first!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

or use the InterHax

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

free wifi in quench on eyre street, also in rabbitts bar (just have to ask bar staff for wep key)

also free wifi out side my house when my computer is on (ad-hoc).. but that would involve knowing where i live :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Not in the city, but there's a sign up in Subway in Oranmore saying wi-fi is available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

PM me for directions to Steve's house hehe :D

If he's not fishing his computer will be on.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

kevmy wrote:
    AFAIK its free in McSwiggans as well.
    I think they shut that down since, too many people coming in buying one cup of tea and sitting drinking it for three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

that could be easily fixed with a bit of MAC ACL and DHCP h4xage to give them a 1 hour lease and then not allow the same card to renew for 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

SyxPak wrote:
    that could be easily fixed with a bit of MAC ACL and DHCP h4xage to give them a 1 hour lease and then not allow the same card to renew for 3 hours.
    Yeah. Easily. :rolleyes: :D

Advertisement