Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 1.8 Badge damaged

Options
  • 26-03-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Left my car in the car pack last night, when I came down the next morning the 1.8 badge on the back was damaged. Why would any one try to rob a 1.8 badge?

Were can I order a new one and is it hard to remove the one and replace with out marking the paint work?

All comments appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Main dealer is about the place for one of these, tbh. Gently prise the rest off with something plastic (or try pull it off with your fingers). The paint will stay where it is. Clean any residue off with a petrol soaked rag. The new badge will come with the adhesive applied to the badge, you just put in on like a sticker - the hardest part is getting it level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Thanks for your reply...its an Audi 05 do the badges have holes in the back or is it just glue...

Are the replacement badges expensive?

Thanks

I don't think they are too expensive.

You just peel off the backing paper to expose the adhesive and place the badge onto the body. You only get one shot at it!

Ring a dealer and ask the price of 8L0 853 743 G 2ZZ. That's the part number listed by vagcat for a 1.8T badge (chrome).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Could also suggest checking e-bay. Recently got a badge for my car delivered for €8.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

To remove the rest of the badge, prise it off with dental floss. Basically saw the sign off, pulling away from the car. Clean the area, and spray on tar and glue remover (halfords for €8). Then just wipe it off, but dont scrub (as i did by mistake!). Clean the area afterwards and its as good as new. Would you not leave it de-badged?!

if not, order a new badge on ebay, they're dirt cheap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

If I leave it debaged will there be 2 holes in the back of my car?
    Its an Audi A4 05 how can I check this out....

Probably consider leaving it debadged if there are no holes under the badge!

There are no holes - the badge goes on like a sticker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I second the dental floss removal. I've done it on my Golf, small bit of petrol on a rag will remove the rest of the sticky crap. Personally I wouldn't bother getting a new badge, I don't really care about letting other people know what size engine I have. I spotted some spa this morning with a V6 badge on the back of his baseline 1.4 Golf.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

3rd on the dental floss. works fine. heat the number with a hair dryer first if it is a cold day as it softens the glue a bit. There are no holes behind the a4 or the 1.8, there is behind the 4 rings though..

Advertisement