Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

€20k For a 33 Year Old Vw? Anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Looks spanky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wow! What a collectors item. It'd be a sin to put miles on it. It's an ornament now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A very expensive ornament, though :D

If you'd rather DRIVE a VW type 2 ...import one from Brazil ...they're still building them there :D

See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055064398

I knew it was only matter of time before peasant showed up in this thread :D

Seriously though, what price are they in Brazil? I'd no idea they were still in production. I thought all that stopped around the same time the factory in Puebla, México stopped making the original Beetle a few years back.

I have no idea how much they are in Brazil, but taking into consideration that some UK crowd offers a fully converted (camper, what else :D and in RHD) for 20.000 STG (see linked thread) ...they couldn't be too expensive.

Bringing one into Ireland, what with duty tax and VRT, might still be a fairly expensive exercise though.

• Advertisement

You'd imagine VW would buy it off him.

Stekelly wrote:
    You'd imagine VW would buy it off him.
    Good point - surely it would have a worthy place as an exhibit in the Autostadt in Wolfsburg, or some similar VW museum.

Don't know for sure, but I'd imagine they'd have a few of them already.
    They usually kept their last of line models straight for the museum.

(cynics say that's because their last of line models (especially the Beetle and Transporter) were so seriously out of date when they were replaced that the museum was the only appropriate place for them :D )

Even still though, this would have a story to it, make a nice museum piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a pitty they don't make them like that anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

bazz26 wrote:
    It's a pitty they don't make them like that anymore.

I believe they still do in Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wow thats expensive :(
    somone bloody bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I once drove a 1971 model. Great car, but not to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

on the subject of vws, there is a mark one golf still built and sold in South Africa as the citi golf. I did read in one of the UK advertisements that the Sao Paulo factory is to stop building the Type 2 bay window van :( . As for the last of the line models in the museum, I remember the different publications showing a blue beetle with flowers on the bonnet and a headboard reading 2I million rolling down the factory line in 2003 as the last one but I think the car sent to the museum is a white one?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

The Beetle was built in Mexico up until 2-3 years ao, they had a special last edition model that sold for roughly €5,000. It came in a nice selection of colours and had white rimmed tires like in the photo below

http://www.bubaklubrijeka.hr/slike/ultima.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

G Luxel wrote:
    I remember the different publications showing a blue beetle with flowers on the bonnet and a headboard reading 2I million rolling down the factory line in 2003 as the last one but I think the car sent to the museum is a white one?????

That would be this Beetle, made in Puebla, Mexico in 2003, with Mariachis serenating in the background.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/4c/250px-Snap0072.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I saw one of those Beetles at a car show last year. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If one had lots of money, you could just pick some rare limited edition car made today and buy it, and dry store it for 30 years then sell it!! Like the RB320 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

cripes, that's lovely..............only problem I'd have is hacking it to make it RHD..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement