Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan Split

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

were they married or something? What's the big deal over this? Matt Cooper on the last word covered it yesterday and it was in a few papers today. I find it strange that this is getting so much media coverage.

As for Lisa, she has a great voice, but one that is better as backup or harmony, rather than as a solo artist. I think her stuff on that charity album is quite weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I'm surprised that this thread has got to a length of about 25 posts without anybody mentioning how bloody HOT Lisa is! She more than made up for the sight of her scruffy bollix former sidekick, Mr R.

Have you seen the pics of her covered in melted chocolate for the Oxfam appeal? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

ellenmelon wrote:
    meh.

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

catch--22 wrote:
    Have you seen the pics of her covered in melted chocolate for the Oxfam appeal? :eek: :eek: :eek:

For posterity, I think we would all benefit from some sort of link or gif here.

Ah go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

http://www.oxfamireland.org/images_sections/campaigns_general/desktops/desktop_lisah_1152.jpg

That'd make a mighty fine desktop, methinks ;)

Also just listened to a couple of Mr. Rice's for the first time now, thought Volcano was decent. Lisa did make it a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Phantron

Didn't think I'd see you here yevveh!

Let's create a music scene!

Also I care about Damien Rice about as much as Spider Jerusalem cares about your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Fair play too her. Id distance myself from the self involved pretenious twat too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭AidoCQS

6 years is a lot longer than I would have given this creative couple - better to burn out than fade away. Musically they had a very positive effect on each other, symbiotic so to speak. With DR, LH was able to do things it takes some singers a lifetime to never achieve, and you would have to be deaf and blind not to see what she brought to the table. I hope they will be able to look at these positives and not negatives as this thread seems to be doing. I wish them both well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I hafta say, I much prefer Fionn Regan.

Advertisement