Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suppressor

Options
  • 26-03-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey There
    i was wondering if anybody knows if its possible to get a suppressor for a
    remmington 700 bdl. thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah u will have to get barrel threded and then you have loads of options for supressors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

What he said!

John Greene in waterford is the best place to get it done he knows what he's doing.

As for suppressors theres 3 main companies

Reflex over barrel adds about 2" to end of barrel made of steal and can't be dissesambled

Pes over barrel mod again but made from stainless so wont rust and easy to clean

ASE utra very compact but is not the overbarrel design and adds a bit more length on to the end of the gun but not as much weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jbarry

thanks for the info lads
    any idea how much the threading and suppressor will cost
    which would be best
    sorry for all the questions new to this
    thanks again

Not sure about cost of threadding but alot of people use reflex supressors. What caliber is the Remi?

Mine cost €80 but that was for a rimmie and it wasnt an over barrel mod

Johns a top bloke though im fairly sure he has PES mods down there, the reflex mods are great but they will rust if you dont look after them and the others are alot easier to clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have a reflex mod and it says it doesn't require cleaning

turn upside down and shake, pretty simple really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jbarry

its a remmington 700 bdl .223

I have a tikka .223 and the t8 cost 290 euro. They're not cheap pieces of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Forget the T8 the ASE Utra AU S5 Suppressor is must better! I have fired both on a .223 and for better sound suppression and gun balance (less than half the lenght of a T8) it has to be the AU S5!!

Check out the photo hardware section....

as far as i can remember Terrier has a ASE on his swift and i think .243 has a PES on his .243 and a reflex on his other rifle.

• Advertisement

Terrier has it on a T3 Tac .223

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Hi lads,

I've got a Remy 700 Swift fitted with an S5, It can be seen in the hardware section. Excellent piece of kit IMHO.

Hezz

how much do the S5 cost? I'd love to try one out

They add more lenght than the reflex (20 mm I think) and weigh 70 grams less so I am surprised they perform better handling wise. Thought they would have been around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Mine cost 250euro and a 5 year old JLS Stalker. I got it from Paul Walsh (East coast dog & gun).

It does make my remmy a bit muzzle heavy, but since i mostly shoot it prone for long range varminting it does'nt present much of a problem. Regarding the db reduction i have only gauged it using my old mk 1 ear, and i found it to be far superiour to my old stalker.

Advertisement