Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The return of V

Options
  • 26-03-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

V has to be one of my alltime favourites. So excited there is some news of there being a new mini series:

'Kenny has delivered the final draft of the manuscript for his novel of V The
    Second Generation to Tor Publications. It is expected to be in bound galleys
    by April and is on schedule for a fall publication in hardcover.

Work continues with Warner Bros to get the mini-series into production and
    on the air.'

:D:D:D

http://kennethjohnson.us/V-News.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(TV_series)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Reptileboy

Yeah, sounds like it could be good. But I've been hearing about a V series for years and so far it hasn't materialised. I certainly think that V is a highly visible series that is just right for a modern update.

That said, Kenneth Johnson is no longer the big Hollywood studio guy he used to be back when he was show runner for successful series like The Incredible Hulk and breaking ratings records with V.

But I am very hopeful that this will materialise and we'll get to see V again. AS long as they get Marc Singer and his glorious shoulders and Jane Badler to act supremely evil.

If you don't have it, I certainly suggest you get the V: The Original Mini-series on DVD if you don't have it already. The transfer is pretty good, although I'm not such if the screen ratio is correct as I can't tell if V was ever made in widescreen and if Warner Brothers have cropped the picture.

Also, Kenneth Johnson does one of the greatest DVD commentaries I have ever heard. I used to think V was fantastic before I heard him talk about it. Now I think it is freaking genius. Also, he gives out his email address at the end. Don't know if it still works, never bother to check it.

Maybe I need to drop Kenny a line and see how this V project is faring.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

V. Exciting, I loved this show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 darthculain

If it goes well it would be brilliant.

Advertisement