Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Question

Options
  • 26-03-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Just a simple question that I really am struggling to find a definite answer to (ucas and guidance teach gave no assurance). Basically my UCAS has gone through and I have received conditional offers which I plan to accept (MEng Mechanical and Manufacturing at Queens). My question is do the terms of the conditional offer mean that if I get the required grades the place is mine. This is what I think it is currently it is but when my sister was applying for medicine she still was required to compete for her place despite having the conditional offer, so I am not sure if I may have to do similar. Any one know at all ?

Cheers
    C_E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

As far as I know, you are highly likely to be accepted on the grades, which your conditional offer stated. Competition only comes into play, when the grades of the cohort of students applying for a particular course deviates significantly from the standard distribution of results in school exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

more and likely but you are not guaranted to get the place, my sister applied for an meng in chemical engineering which had grades required of bbbbbb, she got in with a2,a2,a2,b3,c3,d1.

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Thanks lads thats really helpful . Your sister actually got in with the D1 - thats the most reassuring thing I've heard in years .

Thanks All,
    C_E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boger

she got offered a place th first day after the leaving cert exam results were published. hope to see you in queens next year

Advertisement