Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade the TV Series on TV3

Options
  • 26-03-2007 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a trailer on TV3 for Blade the TV series, which will be showing at 10 pm on Wednesdays.

Does anyone know if this is the first in the series, or has it been showing for a while on TV3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The only channel I know of that is carrying Blade here ATM is Bravo, so I presume this is from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If that's the case then I think a "Yippee!" is deserved. I've been wanting to see this, but with no satellite was hoping that some terrestrial station would pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

DRAMA: Blade: The Series
    On: TV3 (3)
    Date: Wednesday 28th March 2007 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 10:00 to 10:55 (55 minutes long)

Pilot. Series 1, episode 1.
    Krista Starr returns home from Iraq, and it's not long before she finds out her twin brother Zack, has been killed. She hunts for the man that killed her brother. Blade is also hunting for the same man, which Krista and Blade team up to take down, but things don't turn out so good for Krista.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=75496

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    Looks like thats a "Yippee!" for you alright.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I've seen it all and it's... okay. It relies a little bit on "T&A" to try and hook in the young male audience that it's aimed at (so pointless for me). The acting is pretty woeful for the most part but some of the story-lines are okay and it is a little bit serial.

Big downside of course is that it won't have a second season...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Blade is, in my opinion, mediocre. It's surprisingly adult, definitely aimed at an older audience (unlike SG 1, and Robocop, two shows adapted from quite dark, and violent films). It remains quite faithful to the original films. However, Kirk Jones is no Wesley Snipes, and like ioxy says, a little too dependent on T&A (think the fast and the furious with vampires).

However, I don't particularly like it, and I stopped watching after 3 episodes. Not because the show was especially bad, but because I really dislike Kirk Jones as Blade. He just isn't Wesley Snipes. And he's a prett crap actor. Snipes isn't exactly the best actor around, but Kirk Jones is just a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ugh... this is one of the worst shows to come out in a long while. The plot maybe ok-ish but the fights scenes are woeful, the cinematography is woefully cheap, the acting is terrible. I really just wouldn't go near it. It's not even cheesy good, it's just bad.

Advertisement