Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem playing PS3 on Moniter

Options
  • 26-03-2007 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hey all! Been having a problem with my PS3...You see I want to be able to play it on my moniter so that I can get all that HI-Def goodness, only problem is..it doesn't work. There is however reason for me to believe that I still might get it to work. Firstly what im using to connect the two is a HDMI to DVI cable with the DVI end obviously going into the moniter. When I first tried this set up the moniter came out of stand-by mode obviously recognising that a signal was comig in but it didn't display anything, only black. The fact that the moniter tried to display it is my first reason for thinking I might get around this conundrum. My second reason is this: When I have the PS3 connected to my TV through scart but also connected to the moniter using the HDMI/DVI cable, I get a message on my TV saying that there has been a HDMI device detected and do I want to output all video and audio to this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh it might come in handy if you know what moniter I actually have:
    Octigen 19'' Widescreen TFT-LCD Monitor

You read about it here:
    http://www.octigen.com/products/productdetail.asp?Id=22&A=6&B=9&C=

Comments

Advertisement