Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Raw before 'Mania thread [**CAREFUL - SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 27-03-2007 4:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I think this episode of Raw deserves its own thread seeing as so much happened on it and it was important in selling Wrestlemania to the fans. Don't read on if you haven't watched the show yet...

Personally I thought it was a brilliant edition of Raw. It reminded me of the good 'ol days when Raw was at its finest.

Austin stunning Coach was a cool way to kick off the show.

I also liked the Chicago crowd giving CM Punk such a great reception. I still don't think he will win the match but they made him come across like a real contender.

Highlight of the evening though for me was JR getting inducted into the Hall of Fame. I thought that video they did for him was really great and he was clearly humbled by it all. I think JR is so good because he comes across like a man of the people and is the perfect link between the in-ring wrestlers and the fans at home. Everybody they have tried to replace him with - Michael Cole, Coach, Joey Styles they have all failed to live up to his standards. As Austin said he's the best ever. Simple as that. Plus he loves those fruity skittles. :) This was definitely a great Raw moment.

Main event was loads of fun too. I knew the Chicago crowd would boo Cena out of the building as they did it to him at WM22. I was disappointed though they didn't show some of their hate to Botchtista. It was a cool ending with HBK finally getting the Super Kick on John Cena.

What I did find dumb was how they told us to not go away as they would be back after the commercial break yet when they returned they had a thirty second replay of what happened to Cena and then the show ended! What was the point? :rolleyes:

Still, really good show and I expect the ECW and Smackdown show will be worth watching too. What did you make of it all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Great show, enjoyed the CM/Kenny match and the main event. JR getting inducted was a great moment. As good as Raw was though, I still couldnt be arsed buying the PPV on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i don't know i have a bad feeling about the main events
    i think taker and HBK getting the upper hand last night means they won't at wrestlemania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

One thing that I really liked about the show that hasn't been mentioned was Cena's promo. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to his promo's sometimes, but that one I thought was excellent, he probably is the best in WWE on the mic

Hahaha, I have to admit that I marked out when Punk came out! I was waiting for him to hit Kenny with the Welcome to Chicago Mother****er, it was the first move he did! I'm guessing he was told what to say during the Cutting Edge segment (which was a really cool idea I thought), cos the real Punk would have been more of a smartarse! Orton got a bit of a pop during that segment too, which I think reflects on how good a heel Edge is

I was shocked that in a match where Mr Kennedy and Orton teamed up, we didn't see one single resthold!

I had the sound turned down a bit during the main event, I wasn't sure if the crowd were booing Cena or not. He's so much better than Batista though. Although Batista didn't pause before any moves he did in the match this time

Don't forget though that there's still SD to come. Batista and Cena could get the upper hand on that show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The head on Punk before he hit the WTCMF was deadly, "anyone know this move?, about 3 people, ah well!". I did a little dance to myself when I saw that!
    It was shaping up to be a great Raw until the DVD that I burned it on inexplicably ended during the Orton/Kennedy vs Hardy's match.
    The Cutting Edge was cool, even Jeff gave a decent promo but it was a shame Punk didn't comment on Edge being addicted to sex and violence, especially after the reaction he got. I think Orton was a little surprised at his pop, he stuttered his words slightly!
    I'm gonna check wwe.com now, they better have JR's induction video up. Damn DVD burner!

EDIT: Just remembered the particularly good main event on Heat, Victoria vs Mickey. Plenty of people have been asking for that on here, and it didn't disappoint!
    And Vince's promo to Eugene was kinda funny too! I'm not normally one for poking fun out of retards but that got a laugh out of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    One thing that I really liked about the show that hasn't been mentioned was Cena's promo. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to his promo's sometimes, but that one I thought was excellent, he probably is the best in WWE on the mic

You make a very good point. HBK did a nice one too I thought. Actually I thought all the promos were very strong last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The JR video and aftermath was really special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The JR video and aftermath was really special.

I didn't see the aftermath, but caught the video on wwe.com and i'll proudly say I was nearly in tears after it. JR comes across as very humble in his blogs and it waas great to see him getting suce rave reviews from his peers.

I can't wait for the replay on Thursday, i'll have to check out a few places of interest online!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

RAW was very very good last night, i loved it, i loved everything about it.

like fozzy i half listen to cena's promo's at times, but i was impressed by his mic skills last night. Cena sounded good last night.

Juat looking at Eugene i was wondering is he going to be the 3rd highlander.

I love the evilness of vince, he does it so well.

Minto wrote:
    I didn't see the aftermath, but caught the video on wwe.com and i'll proudly say I was nearly in tears after it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/rutehhh/video/x1k2ow_raw-032607-part-5/1

About mid way through this video they do the JR induction and aftermath. The reaction he gets is really moving.

Its also interesting in the sense that Vince has been trying to replace him for years. The guy is irreplaceable.

The super kick was such a great moment too. The whole episode of Raw can also be accessed from the link I gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

That was the best Raw I've seen in a long time, if WWE could keep that up for 52 weeks of the year it would be a fantastic product. I didnt find any major flaws with the show, matches were solid, promos and segments all excellent ..... the whole show seemed to be kept simple and to the point for what was on offer whereas I would have normally expected a desperate, rushed, botched job of a show just before Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Thanks for the link Vince, i'm really enjoying this episode of RAW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Haven't seen Raw yet (have missed it the last couple of weeks too) but can't wait to watch the repeat...have heard nothing but good things about it.

And for those you may not have heard J.R. will be inducted by Austin....good choice I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

i don't know i have a bad feeling about the main events
    i think taker and HBK getting the upper hand last night means they won't at wrestlemania

We still have Smackdown to come this week so who knows? :)

And for those you may not have heard J.R. will be inducted by Austin....good choice I think!

I actually went on JR's blog a few months ago and asked him if he was to be inducted one day who he would want to induct him. I thought he might say The King.

He replied that he didn't see himself getting inducted but if it was to happen he'd definitely want it to be Austin. I was surprised as I thought he might sit on the fence about who would induct him. :D

Hall of Fame looks very good this year I think even though it seems to lack that really big name of recent years. JR and The King should have some funny stories to tell.

Dusty Rhodes is a pretty big name, in fairness. His interview should be really good.

Double C wrote:
    Dusty Rhodes is a pretty big name, in fairness. His interview should be really good.

I dunno. Remember back to, I think it was Cyber Sunday, when he lost out to Roddy Piper in the vote to see who would be Flair's partner? Piper wasn't even the biggest name back in '05's Hall of Fame ceremony.

Good point. I expected Rhodes to win that because of the history with him and Flair. Then again, this was voted for on wwe.com and I'd say the overall majority of poeple who voted would have been a younger crowd/WWE crowd who may not have known much about Dusty, or his relationship with Flair. And Piper was inducted the same year as Hogan :)

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to disrespect Dusty Rhodes or anything it's just that I don't think he has the name power that guys like Hulk Hogan or Bret Hart have (though not many do in fairness to him).

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to disrespect Dusty Rhodes or anything it's just that I don't think he has the name power that guys like Hulk Hogan or Bret Hart have (though not many do in fairness to him).

Plus you could argue the majority of NWA/WCW fans who were really into Dusty Rhodes are more a less gone. Very few it seemed switched to watching WWE programming when WCW folded in 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Just after watching it there. What a raw. I really didn't expect Austin to be there. I know it makes sense that he should, but when that glass hit the little mark in me jumped.

That the Cutting Edge segment was one of the best bit of mic works in WWE in a long time, very well setup. Best moment of the night, Finaly interrupting Edge to call him chisel chin, bellowed out when I heard that.

Whilst JR no doubt deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, I am a bit surprised that both him and King are being inducted on the same night. Macho Man for next year.....Oooohhhh..Yeauuuuuhhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The cutting Edge was the highlight of the show in my opinion, everyone cut a good promo. I thought CM Punk had the best line of the lot ;)
    I also Enjoyed Austin flipping Vince.

Nah, Finlay stole the Cutting Edge after calling Edge chisel Chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Double C wrote:
    Nah, Finlay stole the Cutting Edge after calling Edge chisel Chin.

yes that was very funny too.

The one time I want to see ECW and PWT is down. God damn it!!!!
    Hopefully people won't know what I'm talking about ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha. Some nice stuff has been on there recently!

I saw ECW earlier on Dailymotion.com. Decent enough show

Advertisement