Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need info on some local public sculptures..

• 27-03-2007 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Heads up all you historians and art experts!

Im looking to do an art project on the following monuments..

The Clock Tower
    Reginalds Tower
    The new Thomas Francis Meagher monument at the Tower Hotel
    The black sculpture in John Roberts Square
    The Formby and Conningbeg monument at the Tower Hotel

and.. The big white sculpture that towers above the Plaza.

The kind of stuff Im after is the basic history of each (The Reginalds tower and TF Meagher ones are ok there) and what materials they are made of , who designed and made them etc.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Trotter wrote:
    Heads up all you historians and art experts!

Im looking to do an art project on the following monuments..

The Clock Tower
    Reginalds Tower
    The new Thomas Francis Meagher monument at the Tower Hotel
    The black sculpture in John Roberts Square
    The Formby and Conningbeg monument at the Tower Hotel

and.. The big white sculpture that towers above the Plaza.

The kind of stuff Im after is the basic history of each (The Reginalds tower and TF Meagher ones are ok there) and what materials they are made of , who designed and made them etc.

Thanks!!!

What about poor Luke Wadding, the best of them all? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

Go to the library in lady lane, the waterford room has all the information you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

navalus wrote:
    Go to the library in lady lane, the waterford room has all the information you need.

Great stuff navalus.. are there any staff in there to help me find what Im after?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

Yes the local history room has has 2 people there so u will have pleanty of help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Whim

The Plaza sculpture represents the marraige of Aoife and Strongbow and it's shaped that way to reflect viking boats. That's all I can help you with.

• Advertisement

Whim wrote:
    The Plaza sculpture represents the marraige of Aoife and Strongbow and it's shaped that way to reflect viking boats. That's all I can help you with.

Excellent! Noted! :D

Has anyone any info on the tile paintings that are dotted around the outside walls of city square??

Trotter wrote:
    Has anyone any info on the tile paintings that are dotted around the outside walls of city square??

Anyone?? :)

Advertisement