Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good hot chocolate?

• 27-03-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where the the best place to get one is?

I've had them in O'Briens, Butlers, Starbucks & the place beside powerscourt centre in town..........the later probably being the best but not overly impressed with it. I don't drink tea or coffee so it's the only hot drink I'll have.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

The Australian Cafe on middle liffey street used to have yummy hot chocolate that they made from melting down their chocolate ice cream.

However, I've an awful feeling that they're not open anymore :(

For home use though I highly recommend Green & Black's Organic Hot Chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

The Australian Cafe on middle liffey street used to have yummy hot chocolate that they made from melting down their chocolate ice cream.

For home use though I highly recommend Green & Black's Organic Hot Chocolate.
    You cannot beat Green and Blacks! The ordinary coaco is lovely, or try the Green and Blacks Maya Gold coaco, it's really nice and kinda spicy. You can't get it here in Ireland, but in Canada you can get After 8 hot chocolate which is super nice...I presume you can get it somewhere on the internet tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

Unfortunately you're right, australian closed down...now its a bagel place :( chocolate soup does a good one i think...its been a while since i'v been there

Have you ever tried Bellagio 'sipping chocolate'? I found it in Avoca and you can also buy it on amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/Sipping-Chocolate-Dessert-Beverage-Bellagio/dp/B000EE5H28/ref=pd_sim_gf_4_img/102-4862796-5635329
    Some other places also do it, run a google search.
    It is pure indulgence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beckycraig

I know its quite an obvious one but Butlers do the best hot chocolate in the world!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

goyas in galway. worth the commute

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

o'connaills in cork. it's amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

barnies and cafe sol are both amazing...you gotta get marshmallows and cream on top thogh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Tree wrote:
    o'connaills in cork. it's amazing
    I haven't heard of that place; where is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

down french church st across from shop. next to dv8, used to be merchandise and before that a lovely creperie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Ok -so it's a little bit out of the way but Petits Plaisirs is a little patisserie in Rosslare Strand and I defy anyone who has a hot chocolate there to point me in the direction of a better one. It's a very simple little place but they make the nicest pastries, breads etc all on-site. I must confess to having a little bit of a hot chocolate problem so please humbly accept my bona-fides as an expert.

I have considered mainlining the stuff from a portable drip but that's probably too much information not to mention the egregious elimination of the taste buds in that process.

There was some place I went to in Cork ages ago in the city, they did lovely hot chocolate with whipped cream, marshmallows and hundreds and thousands on top! Nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

The coffee machine in the science lecture building in UCD cheapest and best cup around!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

McCafé (McDonalds) believe it or not :D
    I had one years ago in grafton street and it was yum.

Advertisement