Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

auto sign in

Options
  • 27-03-2007 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

in the last 2 days, ive been getting signed out everytime i leave the site. cant find any place to click an option to keep me signed in?
    never had this problem before. any suggestions?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

When you sign in there's a remember me check box, check this and you should be auto signed in after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i must be going blind. cant see a remember me tick box anywhere? am i right in thinking it used to be next to or below the username and password boxes? because it isnt there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

problem solved. mustve been a corrupt cookie. logged out completely and there was an error so it cleared the cookie and i got the remember me option now. thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The 'Remember Me' box is located beside the Username and Password boxes but not on the main page. It is there when you click on another forum or thread from the main page, for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can anyone tell why me that whenever I click a link to another boards thread from within boards, I'm logged out in the new thread window that opens

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Do you log in using www or pie or just boards.ie? If the link isn't the same bit at the beginning as you have (note my technical language) then you'll be logged out.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Cookies being separate for different domains is not the same as some domains by-passing the web balancing. It's the latter that Regi denied was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This is a bit weird, but this morning, I logged in this morning, I clicked "Remember Me" and then I was brought to the boards.ie with the username box blank as if I didn't log in. Then I clicked on the tech category link and I was still logged out. But when I clicked on the Sys category link to ask why I can't login, "Welcome, To_be_confirmed" appeared??? Right now the Terestrial forum is the default blue colour, this thread and the Digiweb thread in sys have me logged in, and then another thread again called "Downtime" has me logged out.

How is this happening?:confused:

Edit: After a bit of digging around, I've found that it's limited to the Hosted and Tech categories, along with random threads here and there. I'm taking this to the Help Desk.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is a bit weird, but this morning, I logged in this morning, I clicked "Remember Me" and then I was brought to the boards.ie with the username box blank as if I didn't log in. Then I clicked on the tech category link and I was still logged out. But when I clicked on the Sys category link to ask why I can't login, "Welcome, To_be_confirmed" appeared??? Right now the Terestrial forum is the default blue colour, this thread and the Digiweb thread in sys have me logged in, and then another thread again called "Downtime" has me logged out.

How is this happening?:confused:

Edit: After a bit of digging around, I've found that it's limited to the Hosted and Tech categories, along with random threads here and there. I'm taking this to the Help Desk.
    I wouldn't bother. I'd put money on the problem resolving if you clear your cache and all cookies, and start from scratch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement