Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost to change

Options
  • 27-03-2007 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

have been looking at a few different motors looked at mercs but was put off by service costs and new c class coming out , think its ****e.........

anyway do you know what it should cost me to change from

2006 Avensis 2.0 D4D luna 12,000km on clock ( registered late 06)
    new price 32290
    to

a new avensis 1.8 Luna auto.... price 32,040

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Probably looking at 6k, your car should be easy to shift seeing as it's Diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would be thinking along the lines of about €4k to trade up. A low mileage 2.0 litre diesel Avensis will not last long on a dealer's forecourt especially with the Luna spec. In fact I would put money on the dealer having a buyer in mind for the car straight away.

You do know you will loose alot more on the 1.8 petrol auto model when you go to sell it compared to your current diesel model? Not a huge demand in Ireland for a used 1.8 litre auto Avensis. The best sought after Avensis models in Ireland are the 1.6 litre petrol and 2.0 litre diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what_car wrote:
    to change from

2006 Avensis 2.0 D4D luna 12,000km on clock ( registered late 06)
    new price 32290
    to

a new avensis 1.8 Luna auto.... price 32,040

cheers
    ok, you've made up your mind to change from a 2.0 diesel manual to a 1.8 auto petrol, but mind telling us why?

You will lose a packet come selling time with the auto.

bazz26 wrote:
    In fact I would put money on the dealer having a buyer in mind for the car straight away.
    ABSOLUTELY

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is that the new 125bhp 6 speed with cruise control or the old 116bhp 5 speed?

I know you said it was registered in late 06, but your price of 32290 is for the old type.

Luna Autos are hard to get so you mightn't get into one straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Lex Luthor wrote:
    ok, you've made up your mind to change from a 2.0 diesel manual to a 1.8 auto petrol, but mind telling us why?

You will lose a packet come selling time with the auto.

the problem is i drove an auto for a week, few mths back and again recently.
    its a relaxing drive, and working the gears now is just too much! i like the drive of the auto..

i prefer auto as its a more relaxing drive...my preference is for a diesel auto but theres not much choice without going german, or spending 40k plus on a passat...........

colm_mcm wrote:
    Is that the new 125bhp 6 speed with cruise control or the old 116bhp 5 speed?

I know you said it was registered in late 06, but your price of 32290 is for the old type.

Luna Autos are hard to get so you mightn't get into one straight away.

its the new model d4d 6speed luna, with cruise control and electric folding mirrors.... theres never that many luna autos for sale second hand, they seem to go quick also......

what_car wrote:
    its the new model d4d 6speed luna, with cruise control and electric folding mirrors.... theres never that many luna autos for sale second hand, they seem to go quick also......
    you should sell that private....it'll be snapped up

Lex Luthor wrote:
    you should sell that private....it'll be snapped up
    what do you think its worth?

Advertisement