Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeze 2 MB Home

Options
  • 27-03-2007 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm thinking of ditching my UTV adsl and eircom line rental and going the Irish Broadband Breeze 2 MB Home. Anyone have any experience, good or otherwise?
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Mines been good so far. I've been with them about 9 months. I'm on the 3Mb Breeze (started off at 2Mb at €48.40 but they upped the speed for everyone at that price).
    Positives for me are 1: I can usually get the full speed down when I want it and 2: There are no download caps that I'm aware of (they have a fair use policy so they could possibly restrict me if I went mad). I have hammered my link some months and have downloaded 70 - 80Gb. That's not my standard amount though. :D
    In my 9 months the connection has been pretty solid for me. I had one Sunday where surfing only worked for Irish sites but that's one day in 9 months on a home plan. I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Same experience as above, except I've been with them about 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I did the reverse and have never looked back. Dumped the pile of poo IBB is and wend with a reliable service. In the 18months i had IBB 3 months involved forcing them to admit there was a problem when my connection was sub 25Kb all the time day or night. In the end i dumped them just as work decided to use them (that lasted all of 3months + a refund on all costs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

My service has been good for the most part, I love having 3mbps upload speed too! Keeps all my private bittorrent trackers happy :D

To be honest if I could get magnet's fiber to the home and they had no caps I would.

IBB has no caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

chaotic wrote:
    I'm thinking of ditching my UTV adsl and eircom line rental and going the Irish Broadband Breeze 2 MB Home. Anyone have any experience, good or otherwise?
    Thanks
    Mine's OK, but you need to get answers from people using it near to where you live/work/etc, as YMMV. As a very rough guide, it's probably better in rural areas (those that have it) than big cities, but a congested high site can happen anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Regarding the thread title the binary nazi in me has to point out it's 2mbps and if you had 2MBps you could supply my internet :D Times 8 times 8 times 8...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Their customer service is absolute ****. They never respond to emails, I must have sent them 20 over the past 2 years, and only once got a reply, 3 months later! Any time I ring up, I get the 'we estimate your call will be answered within 2 minutes' complete cock, my average waiting time is 18-30minutes.

I've been paying e48 a month for 3mb but I was only getting 2mb which is just e36 a month. I rang them up before christmas to complain that I am paying e12 more a month for a service I am not getting, they told me they hadn't got around to upgrading 2mb customers to 3mb in my area yet but would in the coming weeks, I knew this was bull from guys on boards in my area, but I let it slide to see what happened.

Nothing happened, so I rang them at the start of February to see what the delay was and they assured me they would ring me back within 3 days to organise replacing my old antenna with a newer model, because my antenna was too old to be upgraded to 3mb. I rang them every week for 7 weeks and was told the exact same story, each time they were surprised that no one had called me back to organise the callout. They just so happened to upgrade me to 3mb the morning I was about to call to cancel my contract, without changing my antenna.

They must be messing with torrents, limewire etc because over the past few months anything I download crawls along at 10kb/s that would usually be 200kb/s in the past.

Advertisement