Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wanna ask about a tattoo and a piercing...

Options
  • 27-03-2007 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I have my ear lobes and the top of one ear pierced, I'm getting my tragus done and wondering how sore is it and how much should I expect to pay? Also do I have to get a ring first, as ideally I want a tiny little silver stud in it!

I want to get a really small tattoo of a star on my wrist, just the outline like, in black, on the inside of my wrist. So again, how sore is a tattoo? I think I have a pretty low pain threshold :o but I really want one! Again how much can I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Charter wrote:
    Rule 3.
    No more 'is it sore?' or 'where should I get pierced/tattooed?' threads.
    Quote Etho--"I've closed 2 threads in as many days because frankly i'm getting very bored with all these silly questions."
    ^^

Anyway, you're basically getting a needle stuck through your ear, how sore do you expect it to be? Everyones different, one persons pain is another person pleasure. Same goes for a tattoo, you're getting a stabed a good few times a second by a needle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Ooops I so did not see that! Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 punctured

Getting a tragus piercing is different to lobe piercing. As you are piercing through cartilage the healing process is slower and more complex. You are more prone to problems such as follicular cysts and hypertrophic scars. These might sound serious but can be treated quited easily if you catch them at the start. Your piercer should be able to tell you all about it.
    Pain is always a factor but should never put you off. if you want something badly enough then the pain should only serve to make the experience more memorable.Plus with a tag piercing it's not going to last very long anyway so just don't freak yourself out. Have something to eat before tats r piercings as it brings up your blood sugar levels and helps you body through the whole experience.
    If you are getting pierced with a stud make sure the stud has a fixed end, such as a labret stud. A barbell can be dangerous if the ball on the inner side of you ear falls off and into you ear canal.
    Prices vary from studio to studio but I would think around e40 depending on wheather you get a second fitting. Do make sure you are pierced with titanium though as it is better quality than surgical steel and has a lower nickel content for people who may have sensitive skin.
    ....good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Sigh....Read the charter will ya?
    Or the search function...theres a million threads on tragus piercings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

punctured wrote:
    Getting a tragus piercing is different to lobe piercing. As you are piercing through cartilage the healing process is slower and more complex. You are more prone to problems such as follicular cysts and hypertrophic scars. These might sound serious but can be treated quited easily if you catch them at the start. Your piercer should be able to tell you all about it.
    Pain is always a factor but should never put you off. if you want something badly enough then the pain should only serve to make the experience more memorable.Plus with a tag piercing it's not going to last very long anyway so just don't freak yourself out. Have something to eat before tats r piercings as it brings up your blood sugar levels and helps you body through the whole experience.
    If you are getting pierced with a stud make sure the stud has a fixed end, such as a labret stud. A barbell can be dangerous if the ball on the inner side of you ear falls off and into you ear canal.
    Prices vary from studio to studio but I would think around e40 depending on wheather you get a second fitting. Do make sure you are pierced with titanium though as it is better quality than surgical steel and has a lower nickel content for people who may have sensitive skin.
    ....good luck!:)

What (s)he said. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement