Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Clane - Kildare

Options
  • 27-03-2007 11:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hi

I want to get broadband in Clane. I have been looking at the DSL options and I think BT is the one for me. I do use torrents a bit so would be looking for something to handle this and with a decent monthly limit. I think BT package I am looking at has 10GB per month which should just about suffice. Are they strict on going over this limit?? Would you recommend anyone else?? Price is an issue for me also so I'm trying to stay < €40 per month including line rental if possible.

Also, I would like to check out whatever wireless solutions are available to me in Clane also before I hop into bed with BT so any recommendations would be great. I checked the government braodbad map and the only wireless that serve clane on it are quantas but I know there has to be more than that?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

So nobody knows anything then?? Thats strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

have BT's 3mb service at home and its great. No problems at all. Break the cap probably every 2nd month at least and haven't been charged. The only things to watch out for is your payments there have been some cock ups in the past with people being charged way too much, or not at all (comes back to bite you again). Just keep any eye on that and you'll be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Cheers. Thanks for that.

Do you know of any wireless options in Clane? I've ordered the 2MB BT but might cancel if I could get good quality wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

www.commsys.ie click on broadband

Advertisement