Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One rule for us....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gurgle wrote:
    Huh?
    A 17 yo with a provisional license can drive a Lotus Elise.
    Well unless they've changed it since the story that ran a few months back/last year, the Gardai are SUPPOSED to go on an Advanced Driving Course before getting behind the wheel of a squad car. However they can get around this by getting the "Chief's dispensation".

It doesn't say very much about the Gardai's credibility when they can so easily break their own rules and regulations does it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Well unless they've changed it since the story that ran a few months back/last year, the Gardai are SUPPOSED to go on an Advanced Driving Course before getting behind the wheel of a squad car. However they can get around this by getting the "Chief's dispensation".

I can 100% assure you that theres way more to it than someone higher up letting em go on a joyride :rolleyes:
    Tauren wrote:
    not all unmarked cars are going to be "in the course of duties", some will just be parked.

in the course of duties doesnt mean driving those same duties could be at a desk for a few hours writing reports etc , etc stop pbeing so anal

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

miju wrote:
    I can 100% assure you that theres way more to it than someone higher up letting em go on a joyride :rolleyes:

in the course of duties doesnt mean driving those same duties could be at a desk for a few hours writing reports etc , etc stop pbeing so anal
    so they should be allowed to park illegally so they can sit in the station writing reports?? I'm sure my girlfriend would love to be allowed park illegally without punishment while she is working helping to save people's lives as a nurse, but no - she has to arrive over an hour before work to get free parking. Is writing reports more important then helping to save lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 yawara

Alot of hearsay is being thrown around here. The main issue is that the parking situation in the city is disgraceful. how does any one here know that guards civilian cars don't get tickets when they are in work?? any way people abuse power no matter who they are....gardai, dublin corporation or even ticket collectors on trains!! It's human nature! this obviously doesnt mean we have to accept the abuse but it does mean that pointing blame at one particualr job isn't right. i don't think theres much left to say on this. it's up to dublin city council to sort the parking situation.:D here's hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

yawara wrote:
    i don't think theres much left to say on this

I agree. Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement