Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

c reg garda car

Options
  • 27-03-2007 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

heads up lads gardai in cork have an unmarked volvo 06 c thing just came tearing past me :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Now that's good to know. I always assumed they were all D regs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

they were up till recently there was a ts reg around north cork last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

you guys think thats bad, word has it that blanchardstown garda just got 2 unmarked evo VIII's.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

FOGOFUNK wrote:
    you guys think thats bad, word has it that blanchardstown garda just got 2 unmarked evo VIII's.

Thats a load of rubbish they might have siezed them but are deffo not driving them for Garda duties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

FOGOFUNK wrote:

not to mention the Volvo S40 that haunts every inch of the road there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The gardai tested a few Evos but returned them as they were too costly to run.
    They have several cars including 15(?) 07 reg 5 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

kbannon wrote:
    They have several cars including 15(?) 07 reg 5 series.

9 x 5 Series, 6 x 3 Series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

There's a blue Subaru Forrester around Midleton and Cobh complete with dog guard and stickers on the back windows, it nearly caught me the other day, sneaky b@stards. I saw a dark blue 05 Corolla hatchback around the place too with a baseball cap covering the lights on the dash, its the last thing you'd expect to be an unmarked car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Darven

yeah have seen that forrester alright. in one weekend i was up and down to tipp 2 and i met the fecker on dual carriage after motorway eachtime. was never caught mind you. i would have called it a more purple colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

NBar wrote:
    Thats a load of rubbish they might have siezed them but are deffo not driving them for Garda duties
    yes they have got evo's i have seen 1 of them and was standing right beside it on the naas rd last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My info is that the Evos were kept only on a trial basis and were not retained after the trial period as they were too costly to run.

@ junkyard - does that forrester have the standard 3 aerials?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I don't think it has kbannon it looks very much like a private car except for the hidden lights if you look closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Lights at the rear replace the center of the 3rd rear brake light on the Foresters, also the same with the Corolla hatchbacks they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

just wondering any one have any bother in uk or scotland to be precise
    Sons were over and pulled up and because they had no prove of insurance the car was lifted I know they were silly buggers to go with out prove of insurnace with them but wondered if any one else had similar experience and it was a uk reg car with test and tax on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

there is a wine forrester in use in carlow here too. been caught by it twice, more's the pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rebel Racer Dan

That Forrester doing the rounds in East Cork is 1 of 2 in the cork area. There is also a silver one!!!!

People gotta remember, the gardai aint as dumb as they once appeared to be! i know of a few people caught by a modded Beemer in cork city!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

the gardai have been using all different types of cars in undercover. those unmarked are swapped around so u don't get used to them.

the gardai are copping on excuse the pun:D

yayamark wrote:
    the gardai have been using all different types of cars in undercover. those unmarked are swapped around so u don't get used to them.

the gardai are copping on excuse the pun:D

And being honest.... its about bloody time!!!! Too many bad/dangerous drivers out there!!! I run a car club for mod/performance cars in cork, and have seen what goes on wit messers and have made sure it is not condoned within my club

agreed but u will allways have the idiots out there.

all the info, road deaths, media attention won't change their ways

yayamark wrote:
    agreed but u will allways have the idiots out there.

all the info, road deaths, media attention won't change their ways

Only thing that will change their ways is make an example out of them!!!! I could name at least 10-15 people that should have their licence taken off them straight away... and for a min of 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

NBar wrote:

they were using 3 on a trial basis, in full garda duties for 2 months, they kept one on as far as i know, just to tackle the "boy racer culture" around blanch, my source is the son of a garda superintendent btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Keith K

FOGOFUNK wrote:

i was driving to donegal twice in last fortnight and i was surprised to see the different unmarked garda cars (although they could drive anything and still be spotted a mile away)
    in donegal there is a lot of cross border co operation it seems but the tyrone police actively patrol into donegal in 3litre v6 mondeos( the st220) and yes, an evo(evo is fully marked though), the detectives patrol in audis and bmw 3 series. i know they are northern police but they still come into republic.
    expect a lot of fast cars to be bought by the gardai as newer models replace current models. in case of the mondeo its being replaced in september so lots of 2007 reg mondeos so ford get rid of them and previously too expensive ones now cost as much as the old basic ones. also volvo s40's are being bought by police as marked vehcles in mulhuddart etc as they share chassis with ford focus so volvo reliability at ford servicing cost

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

babybundy wrote:
    heads up lads gardai in cork have an unmarked volvo 06 c thing just came tearing past me :mad:

Its a HSE car used by doctors to attend serious incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

All State-cars are 'D' reg. As the previous poster said, it was a HSE veh-he-cal (not a State-car).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KmcG

Hi Lads, Just have a query for ye. This morning on my way to work, I noticed a blue forrester pulled in on the side of the road. Unfortunately I was unaware it was an unmarked car. I was in a 60 zone and was probably doing 67/68 when i passed it. It was only when I had gone by and looked in the rear view mirror I seen the flashing lights in the front window. The forrester didnt follow me or pull me in so just wondering if Im going to get penalty points? Do those guys pull one over if there going to dish out points?

KmcG wrote:
    Hi Lads, Just have a query for ye. This morning on my way to work, I noticed a blue forrester pulled in on the side of the road. Unfortunately I was unaware it was an unmarked car. I was in a 60 zone and was probably doing 67/68 when i passed it. It was only when I had gone by and looked in the rear view mirror I seen the flashing lights in the front window. The forrester didnt follow me or pull me in so just wondering if Im going to get penalty points? Do those guys pull one over if there going to dish out points?

seems its ur lucky day. u'd have to be pulled over by the forrester to get points
    even though i couldn't see u been pulled over for doin 7/8 km over the speed limit---(i hope that doesn't cause a backlash " i was pulled i for doin 8 km over the speed limit"):mad:
    u should do the lotto maybe?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KmcG

Cheers for the info yayamark. I forgot to include in my earlier post that a few minutes after I went past the Forrester, it obviously decided to move on as it ended up next to me at a set of traffic lights. It did look to have a small camera pointing out the front but hopefully its not one that records.....

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

FOGOFUNK wrote:
    they were using 3 on a trial basis, in full garda duties for 2 months, they kept one on as far as i know, just to tackle the "boy racer culture" around blanch, my source is the son of a garda superintendent btw.

My source is even better as the Evo was on use for a weekend only and used €300 worth of Fuel and was on loan as a trial from Mitsiubishi Ireland and after that Ford gave out a Focus St which was not a great handling car,

Advertisement