Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover MG , good or bad???

Options
  • 27-03-2007 12:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

hi all...

a friend of mine is having 2nd thoughts about picking up her rover mg today because of people telling her that they are basically ****. i know two women who have had the car and they say that they are great cars..

what do you guys think?

ps. can someone un-ban/move me to the moters section,, thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Why are you banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

for drivin a Micra!! oooooohhh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

can someone un-ban/move me to the moters section,, thanks
    Singing from the hymnsheet, pg. 23, Hymn 15: "PM the forum moderator".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Should rather wait and see what the new cars rolling off this new Chinese production line are like....

The_B_Man wrote:
    for drivin a Micra!! oooooohhh ;)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! mwah.

I used to think the MG looked very cool - anyway I thought Rover went out of business?

My favourite Hot Hatch would be the Audi A3 sports addition or the Renault Clio V6 but that's out of her price range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

i have the older version of the Rover MG. The Rover 200. It is the same body shape and I have not had any problems with it and it is 10 years old and I have had it for 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Had a Rover 214 for a few years, never had any trouble from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Friend had a 214 and had clutch trouble and overheating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

I always found them to be good lookin cars. But was told to steer clear of them at all costs. Also theres not too many rover dealers around, what does that tell you..?

beerbaron wrote:
    Also theres not too many rover dealers around, what does that tell you..?

Last I heard was when Panorama did a show about them because they were going bust! But I'm not in the know here so...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

Used to have a 420gsi estate thing, junk, fell apart. Sorry. Hugh residuals too, ah well, you live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

dusf wrote:
    Last I heard they were going bust! But I'm not in the know here so...

They sold out to a chinese motor company, basically just shipped the entire contents of the warehouse over to china and started production over there. Theyve started marketing them with a "cool britannia" vibe over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Are they still based on 15 year old honda designs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

A mate of mine has an MG ZR with 40k miles, been back to the garage 12 times in the last year alone, the latest is the gear box is completely f#@ked. Every time I talk to him he has some other issue. My advice would be to AVOID

Stephen wrote:
    Are they still based on 15 year old honda designs?

No

fletch wrote:
    A mate of mine has an MG ZR with 40k miles, been back to the garage 12 times in the last year alone, the latest is the gear box is completely f#@ked. Every time I talk to him he has some other issue. My advice would be to AVOID

Must not know how to use a gearbox, my 214 had 110k on the clock when I sold it with its original gearbox

(200 and ZR use the same R65 gearbox, the 1.8 VVC used the PG1)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

beerbaron wrote:
    I always found them to be good lookin cars. But was told to steer clear of them at all costs. Also theres not too many rover dealers around, what does that tell you..?

...that a rover dealer would be pointless seeing as there are no Rovers being made anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

beerbaron wrote:

the rover 75 uses a lot of BMW parts/switches etc and same diesel engine.

the 75 diesel (or MG equiv.) would be the only one i'd go for , but only for very small money.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

What car are you talking about getting which model

Advertisement